Road Rage

Peter trudged onto the bus. He was still confused about what was going on. MJ sat down next to him, took her book out, and began reading. Peter sighed and put his hood up and earbuds in. He said to Karen,
"The other day, when the bombs were going off, did anything else happen?"
"What do you mean specifically, Peter?"
"Like any other crime activity, I guess that's what you could call it?"
"There were two robberies taking place with in the 3 hours of the bombs going off. One at a bank, and the other at a private residence. "
"We're they any where near the bombings?" Peter said, a little more interested.
"Within a kilometer from where the first bomb went off"
Peter crumpled up a piece of paper from his back pack and threw it at Ned across the bus. Ned, who had been sleeping, slowly opened his eyes after the paper ball hit him in the stomach. Peter waved him over to him an MJs seat. Ned lazily stood up and moved his stuff to the empty spot across from MJ.
"What is it" he asked, still half asleep
"There were two robberies the same night as the bombs, one being less than twenty minutes away from the first location.
"Are we sure they're associated? I mean people get robbed all the time." MJ questioned
"These aren't just muggings though. One was a bank and the other was this rich guys house. They stole some really expensive art" Peter replied, scrolling through an article Karen had linked him to
"Well I mean it makes sense", Ned said, "police would be distracted by the bombs going off and the media would be too focused on that to care about anything else that happened that day, but no one could travel around that fast. There was so much traffic and chaos, it would've taken them a few hours to get from point A to point B."
"Well then it had to be a group"
"Still, even if there were multiple groups of criminals all working together, there were still police officers there. They couldn't have just walked through traffic with thousands of dollars."
"Maybe there are tunnels under the city? Catacombs? A subway system? Sewers?"
"Peter this isn't Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" MJ interrupted
"No but it could work. Can we see if there's anything underground in those areas" peter asked Karen
"There is a subways system less than a kilometer away, but it was shut down after the first bomb went off"
"That's perfect" peter said, "when we get back to the hotel, we need to look into this more"
MJ grunted in agreement and Ned slumped down onto his seat, thinking about the sleepless night ahead.
  Suddenly a car slammed into the side of the bus. The bus flipped onto its side, and Ned face planted the seat in front of him and fell to the floor. Before MJ suffered the same fate, Peter grabbed her waist and flung her on top of him just before she could hit to floor.
  After the bus stopped moving, MJ rolled off of peter, still holding her book. Peter sprung up and looked to her to see if she was ok. She was shaken up, but nodded in response. He shuffled over to Ned and flipped him onto his back. He had a broken and bloody nose and was holding his arm close to his body. He moaned when peter tried to touch it. MJ shakily stood up and walked over to Peter and Ned.
"I've got him. You can check on the others"
Peter took one last look at Ned and quickly flew to the back of the bus. Flash and Abe were fine, but Sidney wasn't so lucky. Her leg was crushed under a seat. Mr. Herrington couldn't lift it up, and you could see the panic in his eyes.
"Flash, a little help please" Herrington said as Abe began to help
"I think I... I think i have a concussion" flash stuttered as he looked at a crying Sidney. Peter ran over and pulled the seat off of Sidney's leg. Before he could ask if she was ok, he heard a clash of metal outside.
Peter rushed to a window to see a man, who had a long slim nose, close set eyes, and a beard.

So I'm gonna be honest and say I've never written an action story before so these chapters might take a little longer to write just because I'm a perfectionist and think everything I write sucks so just be warned.