The Morning After

Michelle marched back to her room. She slammed the door and woke Sidney up.
"Where were you all night?" Sidney asked groggily
"Hanging out with Spider-Man"
"Fine then don't tell me then, but Herrington is coming to get us to register for the competition in 3 hours."
MJ rubbed her eyes and grabbed her phone. She shoved her earbuds into her ears and opened Spotify as she flopped down onto her bed. She thought about Peter.
  I hate peter. I hate him.
  No you don't Michelle
  Yes I do. He's acts like he doesn't need anyone and is stubborn and pretends he's ok. He's not ok and he won't let me help him. He doesn't deserve my help or my time.
  Michelle, you literally act the same way. Your more alike than you want to think.
  No I hate him. I hate him and how he won't take a break and sleep.
  It's because your worried about him Michelle.
  I'm not worried about him. I hate him.
  You hate how your worried about him.
  iM nOT WOrRiED ABoUT hiM.
  You've been worried about him for a few years, now. Your just too proud to admit to that you like him.
  Michelle silently argued with herself for hours, contemplating her emotions, before she turned off her phone. She lay on her side, trying to get some sleep as Sidney started getting dressed.
"We only have an hour and a half to get ready now"
"Wake me up at the half hour mark" MJ replied, flipping sides and shutting her eyes.

Back at the boys room, Ned was slowly getting up, trying not to wake Peter. He knew this was probably the only sleep he would allow himself for the next few days. Ned was very worried about Peter. Peter had never acted like this, not even when his uncle died.
Of course Ned now knew he just put everything he had into Spider-Man, but Ned wondered how much Peter could possibly have left. How much longer before Peter has a mental breakdown? Before he pushes everyone, including Ned, away? Before he won't let anyone back in and will just be an empty vessel? This is why Ned didn't wake Peter until 15 minutes before Herrington was supposed to come to get everyone to check in.
Peter awoke, even more grumpy than before and jumped into the shower. Ned questioned if he should've just told Herrington peter was sick, but he didn't want to leave Peter alone. Peter struggled to find his decathlon uniform, as he was still half asleep. He dug through his luggage and through his dresser before he found his yellow jacket. He quickly put it on but looked down at his bedside table to see MJs sticky notes. He picked up the pack and placed them in the pocket of his jacket without giving it a second thought.
Peter walked out the door with Ned after hearing Herrington outside. Almost everyone was already outside, including MJ. She didn't look tired at all. Her hair looked the same, maybe a little wet, but she looked like she did every other day. Peter, however, looked like a piece of garbage that Satan sent back from hell. He had bags under his eyes and his body was droopy, like he hadn't slept for weeks. Herrington approached Peter and asked, "Peter, are you feeling ok?"
"Yea I just couldn't sleep last night. I'm fine"
Herrington nodded and led the group down the stairs to the first floor of the hotel and onto the bus. Peter sat next to Ned, on the edge of the isle and MJ sat across from the boys. She picked up her book as soon as she sat down, not even looking in their direction. Peter started eyeing her, expecting her to say something so he wouldn't have to talk to her first.
  Flash from the back of the bus screamed, "why don't you take a picture Parker??? It'll last longer and you can close your mouth"
  MJ didn't even blink at the comment. Ned nudged Peter and nodded towards MJ. Peter impatiently nodded, indicating he knew what Ned meant. When Herrington wasn't looking, Peter got up from his seat and shuffled to the empty seat next to MJ across from him. MJ glanced up at Peter and moved her backpack to the floor.
"Uhh hey" Peter awkwardly said as he sat down. MJ simply blinked in response. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry I snapped at you this morning and for being weird."
"That's better" MJ mumbled
"Are you even listening to me?" Peter said, realizing MJ was wearing earbuds.
"I told you I can multi task" she replied
"Oh well what are you listening to?" She flashed him her phone screen revealing the cover to Szas album, Ctrl. Peter nodded in response. "Is Sza your favorite?" He asked, attempting to start a conversation.
"Eh" she replied
"Then who is?" MJ shrugged in response.
"You don't have a favorite singer? What about a favorite song?" She shrugged again. Peter nodded, pretending to understand where she was coming from. "Favorite book?"
  "I know this sounds cheesy, but it's honestly hard to pick just one"
   "Alright top five"
   "I mean Narrative Life of Fredrick Douglas never disappoints, Up From Slavery can give it a run for its money, but the street was also really good the second and third time, but not as well as the fourth, but Uncle Toms Cabin is just as good as Fredrick Douglas although I feel like both are overrated, and yet underrated at the same time. You ever feel that way"
  "Yea yea I get what you mean. That all sounds really interesting, but I haven't really read any of those"
   "Oh I'm sorry I'm rambling"
    "No no no your good. They sound really interesting, id be down to like read them"
  "Oh yea?"
  "Yea. Please continue"
   MJ continued describing the books she had most recently read and those she thought Peter would be interested in. He very much seemed interested in what she had to say, but she couldn't tell if he was just being nice or if he truly cared. Peter asked her a few more questions before MJ finally asked, "what's your favorite song?"
  Peter raised his eyebrows and said "oh um I mean I listen to a lot of 80's music and I mean", he chuckled
"What is it?" MJ edged on
"Take on me"
MJ snickered and said "that would be your favorite song"
"Why?" Peter said defensively
"Because of the music video"
Peter nodded. She was right. His uncle had shown him the music video on his old Apple computer and danced with May around the room as it played. It was one of his favorite memories.
"Are you ok" MJ asked as Peter suddenly grew quiet.
"Yea, I'm just a little bit tired."
"You can sleep. You don't need to talk to me. I forgive you"
"No I'm fi-"
"Peter you look like Oscar the grouch threw you up. Sleep"
"But Shuri is supposed to call-"
"And your no use to anyone until she does, so take a nap."
Peter nodded as he slowly shut his eyes and drifted off.

I think these last few chapters I've been focusing more on peter and MJ than the actual story line and I went a little off track, but I mean they're kinda cute but Peters in no mental state for a relationship so don't get any ideas.