21. Pictures + Plans

Part 2/2 for this update! If you haven't read chapter 20, go do that first!

I wake up the following morning to feel my feet being tickled. Confused and a bit irritated, I groggily sit up in bed, running my fingers through my hair to get it out of my face.

I realize with horror that the person responsible for waking me, the person standing at the end of my bed, was none other than Jayce Solis.

Jayce fucking Solis was currently in my bedroom, playing with my toes.

"What the hell?!" I screech, pulling the covers over my head to hide my morning appearance and curling into a ball. "Get out!"

He responds by laughing playfully, and I think it's probably the most magical sound I've ever heard.

"It's almost noon!" He proclaims. "Get your sleepy ass out of bed!"

I'm grateful that my blankets are covering my face, because I wouldn't have been happy if Jayce had been able to see the deep red color my cheeks are currently flushing.

He laughs himself out of my room and loudly makes his way down the stairs.

I wait several moments to make sure he's not going to burst back into my room, before violently ripping back the fluffy, white comforter and racing to my door, locking it as quickly as I can. My heart rate is beginning to return to normal as I step back and sleepily attempt to process what just happened.

Jayce was in my room while I was sleeping.

Aside from the fact that it feels a bit Twilight-y, especially considering that I don't know how long he was in here before I woke up, I can't help but smile and laugh a little. My stomach twists up into a knot as I realize that I'm actually about to spend the day with Jayce.

I hate that I'm genuinely excited for it. It would seem that regardless of how much I try to convince myself that he's a waste of time, I'm still drawn to him for some reason. Logically, I know that I shouldn't have any sort of relationship with him, and yet... All I want is to be near him and have his attention. There's so much about him that I don't know, but I want to, so so badly.

I slip on a white tank top and a comfy cardigan with a pair of ripped jeans and tan booties and head to the bathroom to attempt to make my hair and makeup somewhat presentable.

I put some mousse in my hair and do a quick makeup look, applying my eyeshadow a bit darker than usual since I'm supposed to be in front of a camera.

I had no idea what Jayce was wanting these photos to look like. I hadn't thought about it much until now, but I could feel my nerves growing as I swiped on several coats of mascara and spritzed a tiny bit of perfume on my neck and wrists.

I grabbed my bag from my room and at the last second, stuffed in the orange dress from Presley, just in case she was right and we did end up going to the damned Harvest party.