17. Divulge + Date

🔥🔥 10k+ reads in 22 days?!?? 🔥🔥 We were at 5k less than a week ago! How the hell is this even possible?? Ahh 😭😍 I'm so freaking amazed and soooo grateful for you!! 🥰 you're beautiful and amazing and deserve all the goodness in the world 🤗🧡

I've got another double update ayeeee:) Here's part 1/2!

"You brought snacks?" I practically shove Jayce aside at the prospect of food, brushing off his attempted compliment. He should know by now that I'm not just a snack, I'm an entire fucking Thanksgiving dinner.

He chuckles in response, producing an array of junk food from his backpack - all kinds of candy bars, gummies, chocolates and even a tub of Ben & Jerry's Phish Food. "I know girls usually like sugar when they're upset, so..."

I give him a quick glance, "Well, sugar and alcohol," I say, not wanting to show how thankful I am for the confections currently on my kitchen table. "But props for getting halfway there."

He then smiles and pulls out a huge bottle of Duende Vineyards wine, placing it on the table with a thunk. "I know how much you enjoyed this on the roof a couple weeks ago," he lifts his cap to ruffle his curly brown hair, his exposed biceps flexing with the movement.

I'm about to rip into the candy when I remember why he's here. Damn him, using candy as a peace offering and nearly succeeding in completely distracting me.

"So," I start, folding my arms over my chest and taking a step back to look at him accusingly. "Start talking."

He lets out a big sigh. "Have I ever told you that I like photography?"

"You've honestly never told me shit about yourself, Jayce."

"Well," he laughs guiltily, his nervous white smile nearly blinding against his tanned skin. "I'm a photographer. It's what I love. I think you saw some of my photos on accident when you locked yourself in my darkroom," he raises an a accusatory eyebrow.

I stay silent and keep my expression placid, still waiting to understand how the fuck this connects to him dating Layla and using me. He definitely has my interest peaked, though. Maybe I'll finally learn something about him other than what any reasonably knowledgeable gossiper can report.

His eyes meet mine and I feel the skin over my entire body begin to heat up.

"My dad has never liked it. All he cares about is the winery and if he had his way, he'd be grooming me to take it over one day."

"Then what do you want, if you don't want to take Duende over?"

"I don't want his life."

"You didn't answer my question."

"Yes, I did."

"Then what do you want, Jayce?"

He smiles cryptically. "That's the question of our lifetimes, isn't it?"

"Seriously?" I spew, ready to kick his ass out the damn door. "If you're still not willing to answer my questions, get out of my house right fucking now. I don't have time for your mysterious one-liners and bullshit guessing games."

He raises his eyebrows, probably taken aback by my frankness. "What do I want?" He repeats my question and his face falls slightly, his eyes peering toward the ground. "Don't... Don't laugh, but I want to be a fashion photographer."

My mind quite literally explodes.

"What?" I giggle, bewildered as fuck. Jayce Solis wants to be a... A fashion photographer? I guess that would explain how he was able to correctly guess my dress size only after a brief collision in the school hallway.