2. Jockstraps + Jalapeños

By the time I finish hula-ing as Moana at a 3 year old little boy's birthday luau, it's 5pm. $250 in two and a half hours. Not bad.

The birthday boy's father had offered me an additional $100 bill, along with his phone number, but I very classily declined. Believe me, I wanted to tell him to shove that green paper where the sun don't shine, but when your business is based on your personal reputation... You think things like that through a little more before they leave your mouth.

I run home and change into a comfy grey shirt, frayed jean shorts, strappy sandals and pull my hair into a side braid, grateful to free it from the itchy Moana wig.

I'm about to call Presley to tell her to get her ass over here when my phone dings with a text from Haven, my brother.

I sigh and let him know I'm on my way. Tink is a nickname my dad gave me when I was really little. I've always been very small and very blonde, and the name just stuck. Mom and Haven are really the only ones that use it.

Haven's car is in the shop, getting a paint job or something, hence why he rode to school in my car this morning. I've never had to give him a ride from practice before.

I hop in the car, roll down the windows and blast my music as I drive to pick him up from the school field.

Today had been weird as hell.

Jayce is one of Haven's good friends and teammates and yet, today was the first day I'd ever spoken to him. We don't have any classes together and our paths had simply never crossed. The only reason I know his name and face is because I've seen him play at soccer games. The only way I know about his reputation is from Presley's constant gossip about who he's sleeping with and how hot he is.

Jayce's arrogance is impressively high. I wonder if he's even experienced not being able to get the things (or women) that he wants. I can't stand entitlement like that.

I am officially not a fan of Jayce Solis.

After the short 10 minute drive to school, I pull in to see Haven standing on the practice field and talking on the phone. It looks like all of the guys had peeled out at the end of practice, because he's the only person in sight.