13. Complications + Cognac

Part 2/2 of this double update. If you haven't read the first part, go back & read chapter 12!

A few hours and several cognacs later, I can't even remember what day it is. A group of us had dragged people into the Solis's living room to start a dance party, and it seemed to be a hit. Soon, most of the partygoers were dancing on the couches and tables, spilling their drinks on themselves, each other, the floor and generally not giving a fuck. It was great.

All the bullshit happening in my life seemed small and far away, and the music thumping through my veins had completely taken me over.

Even though I'm dancing by myself, I feel so fucking free and alive. I've probably danced with most of the guys and girls in the senior class over the past two hours and I don't plan on stopping any time soon - turns out, drunk dancing is one of the greatest stress relievers.

As the song comes to an end, it's replaced by "Do I Wanna Know?" by The Arctic Monkeys, a slower tempo that would be perfect for dancing with a partner.

I see Jayce standing near the edge of the room talking to a girl that's hardcore flirting with him and remember that I had promised him a dance.

"You overwhelm me, Fallon Rhodes."

That's what he had said to me right before he basically told me that I make him just as crazy as he makes me. The problem is, he's still a player. And the whole thing with our parents. And the fact that he'd be purely, 100 percent, a distraction from what I want for my future.

You know what? Fuck it. Fucking fuck it. I'm too drunk to think logically right now, but I'll let myself have one dance.

I want him. No denying that, so here's my one and only chance to act on it.

One dance with Jayce Solis.

What's the worst that could happen? A dance isn't complicated.

I stare at his beautiful physique until he looks up at me. Our eyes connect and I raise my finger, beckoning him towards me and lightly biting my lower lip.

He makes his way through the crowd, his eyes never leaving mine.

"What's up?" He asks as he reaches me, looking as amazing as ever.

"Danceee with meee?" I slur and smile up at him.

He smirks down at me. "If you insist."

My heart is racing faster than ever as we move closer and begin swaying to the beat. It's not long before my ass finds its way to his front as his hands find their way to my waist.

I begin to circle my hips against Jayce as he grabs at my hips and waist, gripping me roughly and moving his hips in sync with mine. I roll painfully slowly against him, heat erupting all over my skin and I notice his breathing is beginning to sound labored. I roll up and press my back flush against Jayce's rock solid chest and slowly bring my hands up and over my shoulders, to caress his neck as his hot hands encircle my waist.

I let myself move freely, my arms raising above my head as I dance on him. I spin around to face him and position myself so I have one leg on either side of his left leg. I slowly begin rolling my hips against his front, letting my hands move up his chest and latch around the back of his neck as I grind against him to the beat. Our foreheads rest against each other and our breathing becomes more ragged and uneven.

I look up at Jayce - his lips are slightly parted and his fiery, erotic eyes continue to drill into mine as the heat in my stomach blazes violently and I keep moving to amp up the heat.