7; Chanyeol

Baekhyun simply could not fathom the words that abruptly spilled from his mouth. Come inside? He hadn't allowed entry to anyone aside from his family in ages, let alone a complete stranger who was potentially a stalker.

His heart — which was already drumming against his chest — doubled, possibly tripled in speed as he heard the knock on the door. The knock itself sounded tentative, and Baekhyun came to the conclusion that maybe the boy was feeling anxious as well.

"One second!" Baekhyun called out to his visitor.

He approached the door, took a much-needed deep breath, and grasped the handle. The door eventually opened, and finally, Baekhyun was face-to-face with the curious boy from his garden. Well, more like face-to-chest. The boy was much taller than he'd appeared outside the window. Baekhyun peered up and was met by those gentle, wide eyes and blinding smile that compelled him to take action, and were therefore indirectly responsible for this predicament. Once again he felt warmth concentrating at his cheeks.

"Hi," the boy's deep voice suddenly filled the room.

"Hi," Baekhyun responded, much more quietly.

"Thanks for inviting me in."

As he talked, the boy rubbed the back of his neck while averting his gaze. Baekhyun came to the conclusion that he was, in fact, nervous, which was oddly comforting. At least he wasn't the only one.

"I just figured we should have a chat."

The boy's smile widened.

"Good. I've been wanting to talk to you."

The statement elicited an unusual feeling that Baekhyun couldn't quite put a name to, but he felt his heart racing yet again.

An awkward exchange of ideas led to the two boys settling on opposite sides of the couch. While Baekhyun told himself that this was the ideal placement, the feeling of longing in his chest said otherwise.

"So," Baekhyun began, glancing over at the stranger, "who are you?"

The boy let out a light chuckle.

"Getting straight to the point I see."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to sound so interrogative, what I meant was-"

Baekhyun paused to regain his composure before looking back into the boy's wide eyes. 

"What's your name?"

The boy cracked a soft smile and repositioned his body closer to Baekhyun's.

"It's Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol."