3; Singing

The days flew by. It was already spring, Baekhyun's favorite season. He liked that days were rainy and warm.

On one night, it rained particularly hard. As Baekhyun peered through the window, he took in the sight of his yard. The grass was long and green. His garden still managed to grow nicely, though no one took care of it. Under the bright light of the moon, it all looked lovely. Baekhyun had the sudden urge to open the window.

So he did.

For the first time in months, Baekhyun felt, and smelled the world around him. He felt unusually happy, and a new urge came to him.

The urge to sing.

He opened his mouth, and let the beautiful sound of his voice fill the air. The notes, accompanied by the rain, were clear and melancholic.

Baekhyun brought his hand just outside the window, letting the cold drops of water fall against his palm. That night Byun Baekhyun forgot about his sadness for once, and smiled.

He smiled as he sang songs of happiness, sadness, love, and heartbreak. All things he'd felt at some point in his life.

He was halfway through his favorite song when he heard a rustling noise. His voice came to a halt as he turned his head to a bush in his yard, just in time to see jet black hair and a snapback.

By the time he blinked, they were gone.