19

⊱ ────── {⋆⌘⋆} ────── ⊰  
'

(y/n)...?’ a voice asked from the doors trying to get the girl's attention. When she didn't react the small man walked toward her and put his hand on her shoulder, making her jump in fright.

(y/n) turned around quickly, ready to yell at the person that scared her but as soon as she saw her fellow producer she smiled. The man looked at her, he didn't really know how to react to her sudden return. He still felt a little hurt that she just disappeared for two weeks without any sign.

‘Oh hi Woozi. How have you been?’ she asked him with a smile and he could feel his anger disappearing. Who could have guessed that just this little smile would make him feel better.

The girl fixed her gaze from the boy in front of her to the group of people that were standing in the doors, lurking at the scene. She made a signal with her hand, telling them to come in and soon the whole group filled the room.

‘I have good news. I finished working on the sample of your title track.’ she said as she sat back down on the chair and started to look for a file with her project. When she found it, she opened it and turned back toward the group to see their reaction to the news.

Most of the boys were showing interest in listening to the track. The only person who didn't show any kind of reaction was Jihoon that as standing the closest to (y/n). Instead of looking at her his gaze was fixed on the screen.

(y/n) turned back toward the screen and started the file. The room was soon filled with the melody of the song. (y/n) again turned to see the reaction of the group.

Most members listened to the track, focused. Few people bopped their heads to the rhythm. They all seemed to enjoy the work, which made (y/n) very happy.

When the melody started to end, (y/n) paused and stopped the recording. She again turned toward the group and sent the questionable look. ‘The melody at the beginning… it sounds familiar.’ Seungcheol pointed out what he noticed. He enjoyed the track but he had to remember to check if everything was correct.

‘Yeah it's very common sounds in arcade games. I listened to some examples of it to have some kind of reference and created it with soft synths.’ she explained, fully catching what the leader was trying to say. He nodded at her words and didn't say anything else.

‘Are lyrics done too?’ Jeonghan asked the girl and she shook her head.

‘Not yet. I actually want to talk about lyrics to you, Woozi.’ she said as she looked at the boy standing close to her. He looked at her a little confused. He wasn't really listening to the conversation but when he heard his name he looked at the girl. ‘You have time after this?’ she asked him, probably noticing that he was a little spaced out. Jihoon nodded at her words.

‘Yeah we don't have anything planned for today.’ he said as he finally figured out what the topic of conversation was. (y/n) nodded and turned her attention toward the rest of members that were now talking among themselves about the track.

‘Any other questions?’ (y/n) asked them and when she didn't receive any answer she turned toward the computer and closed the file. She then put her things in her bag, turned off the device and stood up. ‘Okay well that's all.’ she said to them and soon one after another the members left the room, leaving (y/n) and Jihoon alone.

‘Want to grab a coffee?’ Woozi asked the girl and she nodded her head happily.

it was time for a talk

 ⊱ ────── {⋆⌘⋆} ────── ⊰