Chapter 7

Harry's POV

I watched Ashley hurriedly make her way towards the back of the stage as she probably would never want to come on the stage in front of thousands of people any time soon and possibly never again. I have to admit, she did look awfully cute when she was nervous, but during her time with the boys and I for just this short month, I would like to try and help her overcome that nervousness. And then hopefully, I will develop the guts to ask her out because my feelings for her are becoming stronger and I don't know how much longer I can take to just being friends with her.

The concert was over, shortly after we had taken that group selfie, and the boys and I were tired and sweaty. The first thing I saw was Ashley standing on the side of the stage with her gaze fixed on me with that small smile on her face that I loved so much. She was making her way over to us and my smile was growing bigger with each step she took.

"You guys were amazing!", she said while leaning in to give each of us a hug. We probably should have given her heads up that we were all pretty sweaty, so she wouldn't get covered in our sweat, but she didn't seem to mind too much!

When she came over to me, because I was the last one for her to give a hug to, she leaned in and it seemed like she gave me an extra long embrace, but she wasn't trying to make it too noticeable. Then she whispered in my ear:

"Thanks for convincing me to go out on stage with you, I thought it was an incredible experience"

She then gave me a quick peck on the cheek and left me before I could say or do anything else leaving me baffled and completely surprised by her actions.

Ashley's POV

Okay.... kissing Harry on the cheek wasn't part of my original plan to try and become more comfortable around Harry without hinting to him that I liked him. I have come to the realization that avoiding him didn't help with my feelings for him, it just made them stronger. So I decided to just get as comfortable with him, and the rest of the boys as possible.

But I think kissing him on the cheek was going a little bit too far for being just friends with him, so before I made it more awkward for him, I just left him in a hurry even though he still looked pretty confused about what I did. I decided to just go to their dressing room and hang out there for a while by myself to let my thoughts gather and have them try and make some sense.

While I was sitting on their couch in silence, my phone started to vibrate indicating I just got a text.

From: My Little Leprachaun

Hey, where are you? You seemed a little embarrassed after you hugged Harry back there.

I looked at the text I got from Niall with blush spreading all over my face. Besides Harry, I have a close relationship with Niall because him and Harry are the only two out of the five that I've gotten to know and talk to over these past few days. I would ask him to keep me company right now, but all I wanted to do was be alone for a few more minutes, before all the boys showed up. I mean it is their dressing room after all!

To: My Little Leprachaun

I'm in your dressing room, but I just want to be alone for a few more minutes before you guys start piling in here. I just need to gather my thoughts. Thanks for understanding :)x

I sent Niall the text and then went back to just thinking and trying to make some sense of why I kissed Harry like that.

Harry's POV

I was still in complete shock after Ashley left me with the just one question stuck in my head.