Artificial Earth

34

           THE NEWS VAN PLOWED THROUGH THE High grass like a gazelle evading a lioness, swerving, bouncing off rocks, desperately trying to outrun death. Hail and debris fell relentlessly, chaotically, as wind, rain and darkness engulfed them.
       "Damn it!!!" Bob cried out, avoiding a tree. "Can't see anything!!!"
he added.
         "Just keep moving straight!!!" Sarah cried out in response. "A few more meters and we'll probably see the road again!" she added, looking at the map.
         "I don't even know where straight is!!!"  Bob exclaimed. "At this speed, if we hit a tree or something..."
       "Just keep moving forward!!! Twister's right on our back, if we stop....we're dead!" Sarah exclaimed, looking at the rear view mirror.
         "Should have stayed at home!" Bob cursed, avoiding another tree.
         " If I die and you make it...just tell my mom i love her!" Sarah said.
          "You're not gonna die! We'll make it!" Bob cried out hopefully.
         The Van then plunged out of the high grass and into a clearing, nearly hitting a black armored Van.
         "Look out!!!" Sarah shrieked.
          "What the hell?!!!" Bob cried out, turning the wheel. "Where did that Van came from?!!!"
           "Behind us!!!" Sarah cried out, looking at the rear view mirror.
             "What now?!!!" Bob cried out in confusion.
            "Slam it!!! There's a.....a..... I don't know what the hell that is but it's right behind us!!!" Sarah exclaimed, still looking at the rear view mirror.
           Bob momentarily took a glance at the rear view mirror.."That's... some sort of truck!!!" Bob cried out.      "Who the hell are these people?" Sarah asked, looking at the black Van in front of them.
      "I don't think they're military....looks more like....like.....some sort of...exploration vehicle...." Bob said, tailing the Van.
        "Hey, maybe they're from that science group...."
         "Maybe...Let's just follow these guys, looks like they're trying to get out of the twisters path too.."
         "If they are the science guys, then we're definitely on to something big!" Sarah excitedly said.
      "Maybe they're headed where we are headed...First Lake! Guess they got wind of the news about the creature out in the lake!" she added.
            "This could be big!!!...I mean....These Science guys...they don't go out less there's a fucking apocalypse on our doorstep..."
             "That would be great if we live to tell the tale... Right now i'm more concerned about that Twister..." Bob said.
              "At least we know we're heading in the right direction, which is definitely away from that black mass!" Sarah pointed out.
      "Let's just hope you're right...' Bob said.

----------------------------------------------------------

    THE ARGONAUT WAS BARRELLING
A FEW FEET behind the Hammer when out of nowhere, a News Van came out from the high grass, almost hitting the Hammers rear section, getting inbetween the two vehicles.
     "What the hell?!!!..." Conner exclaimed.
        "That's a News Van!" Grey said aloud, "I didn't quite catched it but I think the insignia says Marble City News..." he added, looking at the Van.
        "What on earth are they doing out here?" I asked Grey.
         "I think they're also headed towards first lake, they're trying to get out of that Twisters way...like us!" Grey answered back.
          "Allan! Where exactly is the twister now?" I asked over my mic piece.
          "It's on our right side moving our way....tell Connor to drive faster!" Allan replied, his voice coming out from the speakers.
           "I hear you! Roger that! Abby, call Jasper and tell them to floor it!" Conner said, concentrating on the road ahead. "Anyway we can communicate with that News Van?" he asked.
        "Let's call Jasper first, then we'll try if we could somehow talk to those News people." Grey cut in. "Abby you call Jasper, Allan.."
        "Already on top of it boss!" Allan inserted.
        "Hammer!..This is...Ab...Argonaut....do you copy?" I said.
         "Hammer here copy, Where the hell did that News Van came from?!!!..Almost..." Jasper was saying.
         "Hammer!...Listen...Twister's on our right side moving towards us...You need to floor it!" I pointed out, interupting Jasper.
       "Got that, copy...Hammer out!"
        "Okay people, I got the News Vans Radio Ban..." Allan injected.
        "Hello? This is Sarah Michael.." Sarahs voice went over the speakers.
     "Sarah, this is Professor Abigail Case and I'm calling from the truck behind you.." I was saying.
     "I knew it! You're the Science people!...Nice to meet you professor..."
      "Sarah...Twister's on our right side and moving towards us, I need you to tell your driver to floor it.."
        "Oh... Okay."
    "Just follow the Hammer...We need to outrun that tornado!"