Artificial Earth

15

Primary Defense Center
4:30 a.m

     MAJOR HARRIS ENTERED THE TACTICAL Unit's room together with First Lieutenant Alexa Fernandez. Fourteen men in black fatigues stood up to greet their superiors.
     "At ease gentleman." the Major said.
   The men sat back in their chairs.
      "With me here is First Lieutenant Alexa Fernandez, she will be your commanding officer second only to me. We will be dividing this team into two groups, I will lead one half and she will lead the other. Our mission is to secure "first lake" and kill whatever that thing is out there. Check your gear and be ready to move out in twenty minutes." the Major said.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Kenebeck Stadium
West of Marble City
4:30 a.m

        THE CENTRAL COMMAND CENTER for the evacuees was located near the entrance inside Kenebeck Stadium, west of Marble City. A store branch near the entrance was converted by the military into an office, serving as their temporary headquarters. Major Micthell and his staff were gathered inside, a large video monitor was installed on the wall facing them and a long table was laid in the middle.
     "How many evacuees so far?" the Major asked, sitting at the far end of the table.
      "We now have three hundred, sir." Captain Stuart replied.
        "Three hundred? That's unacceptable. Send more trucks out there and more men." the Major ordered.
         "We already did, sir. And those trucks that just arrived are being sent back immediately, sir."
           "What's taking them so long to evacuate these people?"
            "It's pretty bad out there, sir. The storm knocked several trees, blocking the road, the men are still cutting the trees so that they could move them to pass through."
            "Tell them to hurry, we need to evacuate more people."                           "I will, sir."
              "How about the evacuees inside?" the Major asked, turning towards First Lieutenant Greene.
                "We distributed towels and dry clothes, sir. We also gave them mineral water bottles and soup. Medical Team's treating those who are in need of first aid and a team of doctors and nurses from Saint Patrick's on their way here, sir." the Lieutenant said.
           "How about food supply?" the Major asked.
            "Defense Minister was already informed,  sir. We are still waiting for their reply."
         "Tell them we need more food for those who would be left in the city."
           "Will do, sir."
  Just then, everything went black, the entire room was bathed in darkness. Everyone in the room turned on their Cellphone's flashlights.
        "Turn on the generators." the Major ordered.
          "I'll send some men on it right now, sir." First Lieutenant Greene said, standing up and leaving the room.

-----------------------------------------------------------

        COLONEL HENRY JOHNSON went inside his office and closed the door. He headed straight to his mini bar on the corner, sat, took out a glass and a bottle of whiskey from underneath, and poured himself a drink. His Office was large and elegant, dark brown wood paneling covered it's walls, a victorian style painting was exhibited on the wall in the center of the room and a beautiful crystal chandelier hung above the table in front of the sofa.
    Standing six-one, Colenel Henry Johnson was slightly lean and muscular. He has dark brown eyes, black short hair and a handsome face. His wife and daughter were killed during the "Reaping", something that he blames himself for.
   It was a dark time in history, more than half the population of the world was already infected, the virus had no known origin, no cure and can only be transmitted through physical contact, affecting only human beings. First it attacks your neuro system, preventing you to think rationally, then you become violent, after that, it attacks your immune system, then death. There were those whose immune systems were strong, survived but found themselves changed. They began to develop a sense of familiarity with their kind, primordial instinct or perhaps distinction, killing only those who are not like them, moving in packs like wolves.
     He was in a meeting together with the Chief of Staff and the Secretary of Defense in the Oval Office and was given the task to implement Project "Noah" and bring the survivors and uninfected to the Artificial Planet.

    Since the sixties, the United Nations Security Council were secretly funding and developing a space program called "North Star." Together with other allied countries, scientist's were able to find a way to tap into the Earth's electromagnetic force allowing them to use and control the Earth's gravity to pull large rocks from space and setting them near the earth like a second moon. Minerals and soil from other nearby planets were also harvested and was used to create the Artificial Planet. A Scientist named Ilroy Mcginnes discovered a way to replicate earth's atmosphere using Wave Polarization, a process by which a gravitational transmitter, equipt with nano technology is inserted into the earths core. It then absorbs the cores force, directing it from the core to four magnetic poles planted on the four ends of the artificial planet, which in turn would redirect it to a transmitter planted inside the artificial planets core, thus immitating and using earth's gravitational force to replacate earth's atmosphere.

He went home that evening after his meeting to take his family with him to have them screened and evaluated for project Noah and found them butchered inside their home. Apparently, a pack of infected people got inside his house and killed them.
      "It's my fault. I shouldn't have left them there unprotected, I should have been there." he said, blaming himself.

       The Colonel poured himself another drink, a picture of his wife and daughter hung on a wall across the counter, they were wearing matching pink t-shirts and were smiling back at the camera. The photograph was taken seventeen years ago at a county carnival fair back on earth. Her daughter was seven years old with curly light brown hair and wanted to be doctor when she grows up. His wife was thirty four, twelve years younger than him and was a food blogger.
     "I promised I'd save you." he said.
"I promise I'll bring you back."

---------------------------------------------------------

Jerry's 24hour Bar&Grill
4:00 a.m
First Lake

     HAL AND THE OTHERS JUST GOT BACK from their homes to get guns, ammo and other equipments. They convened inside the bar to discuss their plan of action, a total of ten men and three women all in all.
    "Okay, here's the map of the entire lake." Hal said, taking out the map and putting it on the table.
     "This part here is where Sheriff and his men are, heard they're combing the lakes shoreline and nearby forest over here." Hal pointed out.
      "We'll head on out over here on the other side where the lady said her husband was last seen."
        "Hal, I still think It's a bad Idea to go on out there." Jerry said, standing on the other side of the counter.
       "Don't worry Jerry, we got this." Hal replied.
        "I hope you people know what you're doing." Jerry said.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note
Hi there! If you're enjoying the story please don't forget to vote, comment and share.
Share and discuss the story with your friends, thanks!