Stopped.

Disappeared.

The pain faded not long after and I took a deep, shaken breath as the confusion set in. I couldn't, for a few long moments, make my thoughts work correctly and my ability to remember anything at all became oddly fuzzy, too, but eventually it passed and when it did it was like waking up from an unsettling half-sleep nightmare.

"What happened?" I mumbled, blinking blearily as I tried to put two and two together. "My head hurts."

"I'm so, so, so sorry!" Tiffany squealed, and I turned to see her flailing her hands with a look of genuine horror on her face. Behind her, Woody was standing with his arms folded, looking on with a worried expression. "You two were still sleeping when I came back to check up on Bash, but it's like ten at night so we thought we should wake you up!"

"I was against it," a voice I recognized as Leo's drawled, and I turned to see him standing by the front door with his hands behind his head, smirking. "I told her not to, but she flat-out insisted that I let her do what she wanted." 

"You should have listened to him, Tiffany," Sebastian hissed at her, and I blinked when his eyes swiveled away from my face to glare her down. "You know better than to sneak up on the people living in our household, and judging by Aerin's reaction I'd say the same applies to him."

"I'm sorry!" she burbled, face turning red with mortification. "Really! I was just trying to be playful about it! I mean, you guys looked so cute -- I just wanted to wake you up in a way that would put you both in a good mood!"

"Well, dunno about a good mood," I muttered, fully coming around; I realized for the first time that Sebastian was holding me bridal style and flushed when I remembered the oh-so intimate conversation from the previous night. "I am awake now, though, and in dire need of an Aspirin. It might help to put me in a better one."

Woody's eyes flashed and he nodded, hastily trotting away from the living room area and making his way down the wide hall towards the bathroom. Tiffany wrung her hands, fretfully chewing on her soft, glossy lower lip as she looked at me. I swallowed hard at the dull throbbing in my skull, but now that I was fully aware I could only recall that I had seen an odd string of mental images, not what they'd been.

Well, aside from the eyes...

Eyes--

I winced as another stab went through my brain, shivering at the pain behind my left eye.

Sebastian noticed immediately since his face hardened and he stared at me without blinking.

"Are you all right?" he growled, narrowing those pools of hellfire at me. "You hit the same temple that was injured during the attack."

I opened my mouth to tell him that I was fine, that I was just having the odd pain I'd mentioned when we'd been playing AC together, but something came over me without warning and my tongue froze.

I stiffened in his arms, looking through him rather than at him, going off inside my own head as a strange feeling of sick familiarity went through my gut. 

Attack...

Attack.

Why did that word suddenly feel familiar? It was like the feeling I got when I started thinking too hard about the eyes I thought I might have seen in my dream...

Eyes...

Attack.

I swallowed hard as the thin ringing suddenly came back, wondering why those two words together made me feel like my heart was in my throat, wondering why they made me feel so afraid... but then the strange sensations faded, as did the ringing in my ears.