4: "There is no such thing as too many s'mores."

Start from the beginning

"What can I say? I'm a sweetie. Ha, get it? 'Cause s'mores are sweet?" Wally's words shocked Cyra back into present time, out of the vision of the future.

"Ha, ha, ha," Cyra said dryly. She began to roast another marshmallow over the fire.

"So, this is what you do when you go camping?" Superboy asked. "Sleep in these flimsy things called, 'tents' and sit around the fire?"

"Yeah, that's pretty much about is, so if you want to head back home I can sit out here with Ms. M . . . alone," Wally added suggestively.

"You're about as subtle as a trainwreck, you know that?" Robin said with a small smirk, his arms crossed over his chest. He briefly undid his arms to give Cyra a knuckle punch before going back down to his original pose.

"You're not going to catch any fish unless you go fishing, dude." Wally looked behind to a horrified Kaldur. "No offense, dude."

"You must be allergic to fish then. I'm not talking about you, Kaldur."

"Shut up, Cyra. I don't see you flaunting around a date anywhere."

"I have many suitors," Cyra said, pushing her chin up and spoke poshly. "But none deserve my hand."

"Ha, sure. I doubt it," Wally said.

Cyra shrugged and looked down at her nails, fakely examining them. "Believe what you want, but your girl Cyra is wanted by everyone."

Wally shook his head doubtfully. "I don't want you."

"Oh—" Cyra looked at him slyly. "—but you do."

Robin cackled.

"No, usually you sit around the campfire and tell stories," Robin informed M'gann.

"Yes!" Cyra cheered, pumping her fists in the air. "Let's tell scary stories! That will help get everyone in the Halloween spirit!"

"It's July, Cyra," Robin frowned.

"Never to early to start getting out Spooky Scary Skeletons!"

"I would love to hear your story, Kaldur. Could you tell us how you became Aqualad?" M'gann asked, clapping her hands together.

"That's not a scary story." Cyra frowned.

"Yeah, I was thinking more of a ghost story type of thing but I guess . . . whatever," Robin shrugged and looked back towards the fire. The Boy Wonder was still wearing his sunglasses, even at night. Fact: can't trust someone who wears sunglasses at night.

Kaldur smiled softly. "Oh. I suppose I could do that if you do not think it would be too boring."

"Not at all!" M'gann reassured him. "I'd love to hear it. I'm sure we all would."

Cyra turned around in her log to face the Atlantean. "You have my ears," she offered. "Try to make it as scary as possible. I want to stay awake long enough to eat more s'mores."

"Well, I grew up in the city of Shayaris, which is a city in Atlantis," Aqualad started. "Surface dwellers think Atlanteans are the same, but our kingdom has many different cities, many people, many cultures."

Cyra closed her eyes so she could imagine life under the water. Underwater people swimming about big buildings built underground, with different skins and looks, some with gills and others with fins or sometimes large scary teeth that all it wants to do is smile.

"When I was twelve, I completed my education and began my mandatory service in the Atlantean military, which is standard for all at that age. After a while, I was transferred to the prestigious Conservatory for Sorcery in the Atlantean capital of Poseidonis."