XXIII.

POV: Chresanto August

Date: January 23, 2014

Brittany has been ignoring me for a few days which bothered me at first, but she came through and we talked things out. Tonight, she agreed to meet my parents just as friends because she wasn't sure if we'd be together or if she would choose Jacob.

I was kinda mad that she'd actually have to decide if she liked Jacob or I more but it's whatever. I guess I'll have to deal with whatever her choice was going to be.

I walked up the stairs to her apartment building with a dozen of roses behind my back. She always tells me how she loves roses so I decided to get her some just to show her that I actually listen to what she says.

"Chresanto is here!" Ivory yelled, opening the door. "You clean up pretty nice."

"Thanks."

Brittany came out the room looking stunning as always. She was wearing a knee length skin tight black dress, sparkly heels, and her hair was tightly curled.

"You look beautiful." I complimented.

"Thank you." She grinned, taking the flowers and sitting them in a vase.

I took her hand into mine and and helped her get down the stairs since she was wearing those high ass heels.

"Ready to meet my parents?" I asked.

She shrugged. "Your dad already acts like a ass towards me so I can only imagine what your mom is like."

I sighed. "Just be nice and proper, okay?"

"I'm going to be myself, Chresanto. I'm not acting a different way just because they're your parents, aight? If they like me how I am then oh well."

"Well they have to like you for you to be with me."

"And how exactly do you know we're going to be together?"

"Whatever." I mumbled, backing out of the parking lot.

I tried grabbing her hand but she kept on moving away. "What's your problem?"

"You're my problem," She back fired. "Did you not think that I was going to find out about you fucking that girl again?"

Shit, do she got people spying on my ass or something?

"What is her name?"

"Desiree."

She nodded her head. "How do you expect me to choose you over Jacob when you're fucking other bitches?"

"If we ever do get into a relationship I'm not going to be doing that shit."

"Whatever."

"If you wanna choose Jacob's ass over me than go ahead." I said. Her attitude is so fucking annoying right now.

"Says the one whose apparently so in love with me."

I laughed. "I can have any girl on the FSU campus, baby girl. Don't get to above ya'self."

"Whatever," She scoffed. "You're full of shit, Chresanto."

"And so are you!" I retorted. "I don't know where all of this attitude is coming from but you better stop it because you're irritating the shit out of me."

"Whatever, Chresanto. I don't know why you just won't leave me the hell alone and go to Desiree."

"Me either." I mumbled.

The car ride to my parents house was silent. The tension in the air was heavy but it's whatever. Brittany could go on with her little attitude.

"Remember what I told you." I said, opening the door for her.