VIII.

POV: Brittany Cartel

Date: September 10th, 2013

"Brittany, stop moving!" Ivory yelled at me as I flinched away from the curling wand.

"Maybe if you stop burning the back of my neck I wouldn't have a reason too!" I yelled back.

Tonight was FSU's first homecoming game and I was more than excited. From the tackling to the touchdowns, football is one of my favorite sports to watch and I heard that FSU's reputation on the field is good! That's makes everything even better.

According to my roommates, Chresanto is hosting another party tonight. Bigger than the one he threw in the beginning of the year. That's why I was curling my hair. I wanted to look really good for his party.

"Can you flat iron my hair after I'm finished with yours?" Ivory asked.

"I guess so," I said, yawning a little. "I'll be sure to not burn the back of your neck off like you did mine."

"Oh shut up!" She screamed, joking around.

"Don't want Rayan to be mistaking a burn mark for a hickie." I smirked.

"Bitch, shut up!" She retorted, showing her big Kool-Aid smile.

"What time is the game starting?" I asked.

"Around seven thirty, why? Can't wait to see your little boyfriend, huh?"

"Girl, what boyfriend? I'm as single as a dollar bill!"

"Chresanto August, hunny. Everyone is talking about you guys."

"I don't know why. There's nothing between us. He's just a friend."

"Friend my ass I don't believe anything you're saying! You guys would make a nice couple, though."

"Eh, I don't really do dating, it's not for me. Plus, I'm worried about school right now."

"Girl, having a mind set like that is going to have you seventy years old and alone."

"I wouldn't mind it being me and and a few cats."

"Everyone woman needs a man in her life."

"Not me, I don't need no one but myself."

"That's what they all say." She mumbled.

***

"Hey, Seminoles! It's time to work tonight! Put on that red and gold and and fight! Alright, alright!"

The girls and I sat on the top of the bleachers and mingled with the people around us before the game actually started. It was way different than a high school game for sure! A lot of people were out here tonight.

"Hi, Brittany." Jacob said, wrapping her arms around my waist.

I turned around and smiled than hugged him. He smelled so good. I couldn't put my name on it but it made my nostrils happy.

"Hey! I didn't expect to see you here!" I exclaimed, yelling over the loud band music.

"Me either, you've been ignoring me this whole week." He replied, playfully rolling his eyes.

I laughed. "I promise I wasn't ignoring you. I just had a lot of school work and then juggling my job too is really hard."

He nodded his head. "I see, I see."

"Where's Chresanto?" I asked.

"He's not coming till later. He has to finish setting up his place for the party."

"Oh, I see."

"I forgot to tell you how beautiful you look tonight. That red lipstick is making me want to do so many things to you." He whispered in my ear.

I smirked. I already want to do so many things to you, baby. I thought to myself. "Thank you, Jacob. You're looking mighty fine yourself."

"I'm about to back and sit with my boys. Just wanted to come over here and see what was up with you."

"Go get back to your friends. I'll talk to you later."

The game started a few minutes later and damn, those boys on the field were too fine! Number eleven was brown skinned and tatted up. Whew, I love me some tatted chocolate boys!

So far, FSU was doing fantastic on the field. The score was twenty one to six. My favorite part was when they score a touchdown. Everyone in the stands would get buck wild and the dance team would throw confetti in the air. Even the mascot would stand on our side of the field and start dancing. He even did the grind on me dance! It was crazy.

"Are you ready for Chresanto's party?" Jordan asked as the game finished. Of course we won. At the end everyone was really hype.

"Yeah." I replied.

Jordan, Ivory, and I started walking away from the large crowds and started walking the Chresanto's condo. We had gotten there quickly since it just down the street from the football field. But already there was a few dozens of people there.

"What's good, Ivory and Jordan?" Chresanto asked, giving them both head nods.

Jordan waved and Ivory gave him a head nod back. Chresanto smiled at me nudged my shoulder with his elbow.

"What's up, stranger?"

I playfully rolled my eyes. "Don't start with me, Chresanto."

He laughed. "You know I'm just joking around, girl but really, what's been up this week?"

"Really busy with school and work."

"I didn't see you there when I was helping my dad out with some paper work the other day."

"I know, your dad had me working the night shift this week."

"Really? Damn, why?"

"I don't think you dad likes me that much." I said, slightly chuckling.

"Well, he better start liking you because his son definitely likes you."

I blushed. "Mind getting me a drink?"

"Vodka?" He asked.

"No thanks, Sprite, please?"

"Alright, I got you."

I smiled. "Thanks, I'll be waiting right over here."

When Chresanto came back, Clappers by Wale ft. Nicki Minaj came on.

"Chresanto!" I exclaimed. "C'mon, you have to dance with me!"

I pulled Chresanto over to the enclosed dancing space. I bent down and started twerking a little as he held onto my hips. I could feel the eyes stare at me but to be honest, I didn't care. I was just worried about having a good time tonight.

"Damn, girl!" Chresanto yelled over the loud music. "You certainly know how to use that ass."

I laughed. "Why thank you, I appreciate it."

Something in my gut told me to turn around and look behind myself. I slightly turn my head and saw Jacob deadass staring at me. I smiled and waved at him. He just looked at me and started walking out the door.

"I'll be right back." I warned Chresanto.

I quickly walked out the door and found Jacob going behind the condo.

"Jacob!" I yelled.

He looked back and ignored my call for him.

I ran and soon caught up with him. By now, we were in the back of the condo. I didn't know that there was a spacious field in the back.

"What's wrong, Jacob?" I asked, panting from running.

"Leave me alone." He retorted, pushing his hair back.

"What did I do to make you so upset?" I questioned.

"Dirty dancing with Chresanto like that, that's what you did."

"I didn't know dancing was such a big problem to you. It isn't like you're my man."

"Can't you see that I want to be? I sure enough give you hints."

"I didn't know that, Jacob. I promise I didn't. If I knew that you liked me I would've been dancing with you and not Chresanto."

"It's whatever, Brittany." He said, walking away.

"Don't get know fucking attitude with me, Jacob!" I yelled. "Maybe next time give off better hints."

I sighed and walked back into the house, greeting some people that I haven't seen earlier. I walked back over to Chresanto and grabbed my cup out of his hand.

"Is everything good?" He asked, wrapping his arm around my neck.

"Everything is very good." I said, smiling.