II.

POV: Brittany Cartel

Date: August 28th, 2013

According to Ivory, the party didn't start until nine at night. Currently, it was only six pm. I didn't feel the need to start getting ready until around seven or so. I walked into the closet and made my way over to my little section of the space to picked out an outfit for the night.

"Jordan, should I wear a dress tonight?" I asked when she walked in the closet.

She looked at me with a disgusted look on her face. "Nobody wears dresses around here to party's that much unless you're a hoe." She responded.

"Than what should I wear?"

"Here, let me pick out an outfit for you." She said, stepping on her tippy toes to reach the top part of my closet since she was a little bit on the short side.

"You have a nice selection of clothes I see," she said, rummaging through everything. "You must have it sweet back at home."

"Yeah I wish," I retorted. "I worked for everything that I have today. My father stopped buying me stuff at the age of fifteen. I did bad all by myself since then."

"I feel you, girl. It sucks having to fend on my own since my parents have their own daily struggles that they have to face. If I want to more luxury things in life I have to get myself because my parents can't afford it. That's why when I have kids, I'm making sure they go to college to get a good education instead of working some lame ass nine to five job."

"Right. I'm glad that someone down here understands where I'm coming from."

"Florida people are some understanding people! That's one thing that I could say. Find yourself into the right crowd and you'll see," She said. "Here's your outfit."

I looked over at the bright red numbers on the digital clock placed on Ivory's nightstand. I placed my outfit out on the middle of my bed then grabbed a towel from out of the linen closet.

"Ivory, are you done in the shower?" I asked, knocking on the door.

"Almost, give me ten more minutes!" She responded.

I sighed. I'm so used to living with people who didn't take showers as long that I could have the bathroom to myself anytime.

My stomach grumbled as hunger took over my body. We haven't gone grocery shopping yet since its only our second day yet so their wasn't anything to eat in there. "Hey, Jordan. Wanna go down to the student cafeteria with me real quick to get some food? I'm hungry."

"Girl, c'mon lets go! I'm starving too," She replied, slipping on her black converse. "Go ask Ivory if she wants us to bring her back anything."

"Ivory do you want something to eat from the student cafeteria?" I yelled, searching for my student credit card in my purse.

"No thank you!" She yelled back.

I slipped on my black flip flops and threw my hair into a messy bun. I didn't know my way around here that much so I just followed after Jordan once we stepped out the front door of our apartment building.

Most students that attend here don't live in the dorms. Jordan told me that about eighty percent of the people who go to FSU live in student housing.

It was so live outside once we got to the center circle inside student housing. Both boys and girls step teams were outside competing against the different step teams at FSU. There were also many students just chilling in the center circle. I could see that this is the spot to hang out at around here.