IX.

POV: Brittany Cartel

Date: September 11th, 2013

All last night Jacob texted me about how sorry he is. I'm not even a relationship with this dude and we're already arguing. Yeah he's cute and dateable but I don't wanna date him.

My phone vibrated in my pocket while I was thinking to myself. I looked a the screen and briefly read the text message that I have received from Jacob.

'Jacob, I'm not mad you calm down. You're starting to annoy me.' -Brittany

'My bad I just wanted to know if you were mad or not.' -Jacob

'Whats to be mad about tho? I'm chillin. You were the one with the attitude.' -Brittany

'I just got a little mad cuz I really like you...' -Jacob

'Well I like you too... but I'm just havin fun right now so...' -Brittany

'Its all good. Just let me know when you're ready ;)' -Jacob

I smiled and locked my phone. There's something about Jacob that makes me attracted to him. Maybe it's the kindness that gets to me...

On the other hand, Chresanto oh Chresanto! He's totally one of the guys I would go for back in home. Tall, tatted, and smokes weed. But I feel like there's something more to him, something that he's hiding.

"Are you listening to me, Brittany?!" Jordan yelled in my ear.

"What?" I asked, shoving her up out my face.

"Do you want to order food from the Chinese place down the street?" She asked.

"Yeah get me a steak and cheese and a egg roll with lots of duck sauce." I replied.

"Alright, you can go back to daydreaming." She chuckled.

I giggled and walked out into the living room. I decided that I would throw on a quick outfit and see what's happening at the square.

I notified Jordan that I would be back by time the food comes. I quickly jogged down the stairs in my studded combat boots. The square wasn't as live but there was still many people there. I just walked around and watched the frat teams for a bit before I went back home.

I was walking to my apartment when I saw Josh and his crew from a far. I don't think they noticed me so I just kept walking.

I got inside and saw my food sitting on the kitchen counter. I quickly started stuffing my face. I haven't ate since this morning. I was eating like I had the munchies!

After that, I laid on my bed and scrolled through Instagram.

POV: Chresanto August

Date: September 11, 2013

Jacob thinks he's real slick. I know he likes Brittany. But the problem is, I like her too.

"Yo, remember ol' girl I was talking about?" I asked my weed man Rakim.

"Yeah, Brittany right?" He asked, rolling a blunt filled with loud.

"Yeah."

"What about her?" He asked.

"So now, Jacob likes her."

"Damn, but y'all niggas like the same girl, huh?"

"I mean, I guess. He needs to find a new though because I don't do that splitting shit."

Rakim chuckled while fixing his hat over his set of braids. "How you know you liked her first?"

"My eyes have been on her since that day she came to my party! There's no way that Jacob could have liked her first."

"Y'all needa' figure this shit out. There's many of girls in this bitch that y'all both can have. Don't be all pressed over this one girl."

"Man, ain't nobody pressed."

"The way you talking, you sound pressed."

I kissed my teeth. "I'm never asking you for any type of advice again, Rakim. Hurry up and roll that blunt."

"Aye, don't get mad at me cuz' you can't get your relationship problems together."

POV: Jacob Perez

Date: September 13, 2013

"Hey, Jacob." I heard Brittany's voice greet me as I sat down in the seat next to her.

"What's good?" I asked her. "You look pretty nice today."

She smiled, showing that one cute ass dimple. "Thank you, Jacob. You look pretty good yourself."

I chuckled. "Thanks."

"Do you take Economics by any chance?" She asked me.

"Yeah," I said. "That class is my easiest after this one."

"Can you please help me study for the test next week? I don't want to fail my first test."

"Of course I can help you."

"Can we meet up at your place today? Around five if that's fine with you."

"That is perfectly fine with me."

"Okay, thank you. If my dad sees any grade that he doesn't like that's my ass." She said.

I chuckled. "My mom is the same way. She expects all these good grades but I'm willing to try my best for her happiness since my older brother is making her loose her mind."

She chuckled. "I completely understand. My other siblings are going to be the death of my dad."

"Is your mom the same way?"

"Oh, I don't have a mom." She replied, softly.

"I'm sorry for you loss."

She laughed. "Jacob, my mom isn't dead, well I think she isn't. She ran away from home when I was thirteen. Haven't seen her since."

"Damn, how did you go through that? If I haven't seen my mom for so many years I would've probably tried to kill myself."

She chuckled. "I don't really know to be honest. It's her loss."

"¡Buenas tardes, clase!" Our Spanish teacher greeted.

I sighed and pulled out my Spanish notebook, hoping this class passes by fast.

* * *

"Señora Martinez assigns too many essays!" Brittany exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air.

"I know, but they can't be that hard." I replied.

"They're not but I already have piles of work that I already have to do for my other classes. College is too much to handle."

"I agree. It's hard as hell to have a social life and get all this work done."

"Yeah, but in the end it'll pay off I guess."

"Do you want a ride home?" I asked Brittany.

She nodded her head. We both walked over to my car and got inside I started pulling out the parking spot when she reached over and pulled my seatbelt around me.

"Safety first." She said.

I smirked and pulled off in the direction of Brittany's house. We both sung to the song Royals by Lorde.

Let me be your ruler, ruler you can call me Queen B!" Brittany sung.

She had a good voice on her. Something to make her even more attractive then she already is.

"Thanks for the ride," Brittany said as she leaned over and hugged me. "I'll see you later."

"Alright, bye, Princess." I said, hugging her back.

She smiled at me and I took it as a chance to kiss her on the lips. She smiled real hard and started blushing.

"Bye, Jacob." She said.

I waited till she was safely inside until I pulled off.

I'm going to make it my business to get her.