Chapter 10: We Meet The Slytherin Prefect

"If you're a first year, get over here!" A snarky voice called from the back of the table, nearest to the exit of the hall. 

What idiot would ask for the first years when they are all on the opposite side of the table?

Whatever the reason, we had to walk to the back and so, giving one final glance at the second years sitting near me, also known as Pansy Parkinson, I walked off with the first years in tow.

The girl who had called us forward stood with her arms crossed around her. Her black hair was braided off to the side of her face revealing a twisted smirk that illuminated her icy blue eyes. She watched us come forward as one would watch a nest of toddlers' rush toward you, completely clueless and ready to be screwed over.

She must have found us amusing and a task.

"Okay you lot, this way." With one quick turn, she faced the door and walked out with the rest of us following quickly behind.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. And more importantly, welcome to Slytherin house. We are the best house at this school as you will soon see when classes officially start."

I could just hear her over the rowdy crowd of students that went past us, one of which was a red-haired girl. Ginny.

As we passed them, I watched Harper creep into their line up and step on a boy's loose shoe string making him fall while Harper pushed another boy out of the way. He avoided Ginny with a leering grin before joining back up with our line just as we went down a set of stairs while the Gryffindors went up.

"Hey kid, what's your name?" Our leader of the group had her blue eyes fixed on Harper with certain interest as she continued to walk, now backward, while the other students that passed her avoided her like the plague.

Interesting.

"Harper. Anthony Harper." She scoffed.

"Oh God, not another one. Didn't your brother come here a few years back?" Harper nodded with a grin.

"He got expelled," our leader added in disbelief.

"That jackass." A pair of yellow robed students who had been walking near by stopped and gave the girl a disgusted look that she only responded with a kiss to the air before walking past them, her cloak hitting one of them in the face as she walked.

"Yeah, that's another thing. The other houses hate us so there is no use in making yourself look sweet and kind in front of them. Better to act like what our rep demands of us."

"Can she walk any faster?" I turned around quickly to notice my brother, Theo, was now taking large steps to catch up to me.

"If you have a problem with my speed, get lost. I'm not required to bring all of you to the common room. Just those willing to keep up with me," The girl said up at the front, her gaze looking back once again to spot my brother.

"What's your name? I seemed to have missed it when you started this paced tour," Theo called out from where I was, making me grin to myself.

The girl stopped abruptly making us fall back. She turned to face all of us again with an edgy smile before grabbing one of the torches from the wall.

Was she allowed to do that?

"Chatter, catch." She tossed the torch up into the air making most of us rush out of the way of the lingering flames before it stopped midair right above Theo.

Theo had his wand out and had it pointed toward the torch, a grin now plainly visible on his face as he slowly lowered it and caught it with his empty hand.