Chapter 7: The Houses

Ginny. What a peculiar name for a red head.

Her voice was breathy and small, as if she too was nervous. But how could she be nervous when she was surrounded by her kind?

Her kind? Seriously, Ava? I internally chided myself as I followed Ginny along the passageway of the train. We walked from one compartment to another, so far finding no compartment that was semi empty.

I starting to question whether or not to ditch the red head to find new friends in a more popular setting when she stopped in front of a semi full compartment filled with other kids in street clothes who looked around our age

"Are you all first years?" Ginny asked as she opened the door. A few kids nodded while one boy invited us in.

"Come on in, there's plenty of room!" he said with a thick accent that was definitely not British. Ginny and I slide into the compartment, sitting next to another blonde girl who, at the moment, was staring at me wide eyed as I sat down.

"I'm Ginny by the way. And this is Ava." Ginny stated, turning to me with a small smile that I quietly returned. I was not pleased to be introduced by someone other than myself but then again that keeps me from opening up as an American right off the bat.

"You're American!" A light flittering voice said from beside me making me turn to look at the pale blonde girl right in the face, her grey eyes still wide as she watched me with awe

"Uh, how did you know that?" I asked, revealing my accent to the open, causing one of the girls in the compartment to giggle. The blonde girl looked at me as if it was obvious.

"Why because of the fitzers! They are all over you!" I glanced toward the girl sitting in front of me with dark eyes who had a questionable look that mirrored my own.

"Don't mind her, Ava. That's Luna, she talks funny." A dark colored boy said from the window. The girl who giggled earlier giggled again as he glanced over at her.

I frowned, about to respond when the dark-haired girl spoke up.

"You say that as if it is a bad thing to speak funny." The boy shrugged.
"Well do you know what a fitzer is?" The boy asked in return. The dark eyed girl shrugged.