And A Heartless Whore I Am

Começar do início

"No, stop right there." He demanded. "I know where you're going with this, I know that look, stop over-thinking it. It's not a big deal, it's taken care of; I swear."

It would always be so damn frustrating how he knew me so well. Honestly, I just wanted to speak without being interrupted for once.

Sure, I was considering telling him how stupid it was to give up an absolutely perfect life so damn easily, and that's because I wanted him happy. I wanted his family happy, his company, his future children. I was no grown woman with with a business-man father. I didn't have a company and billionaire-life to give to him as a wedding present. I didn't have the dream of a wedding either.

I stood there staring into thin air, finding that I- once again- was left thinking about how good another woman was for the man I loved. I again was considering... giving him up for his own good.

I needed to, because I was living too much of a selfish life.

My eyes once again met his impatient and worried blues, and I said it. "But it's what's good for you."

Immediately he released me and cursed loudly, turning away and rubbing his head in frustrating anger. "Goddammit, Diana, this is exactly why I didn't want to tell you!" He shouted his rare shout that made me flinch in surprise. He seemed to turn a bit red in anger, and I felt my fear build up in realization that I was going to let go of someone else. This time, someone who loved me.

"I'm sorry." I said back immediately, screwing how defeated I sounded.

Andy turned to face me again and gathered me tightly in his arms, and I hugged him back just as tight- both of us probably losing air. "I'm not going to lose you. I'm not letting it happen." He said in such determination, speaking a little to himself and the reminder of his business-likeness came to me again, because the way he spoke was so strong, I swear he could've been voted president.

...

"Here she comes, here she comes," I heard Connor's loud whispers and excited voice as I walked to my locker. He stood by Cole, the two of them closing in on me as I approached them, then I searched for an escape.

"We need to talk." Cole immediately said, his Tyler Mode turned on and I found my heart thumping the slightest faster at his stern tone. His serious face almost just like his brother's.

My eyebrows furrowed.

"Oh, cut it out." Connor groaned to me as if I had said something to offend him- which I'm pretty sure I didn't. "We've had enough of both you and Erin's 'oh I'm fine!' act." He shot, obnoxiously raising his voice in a mocking female way.

I continued to stare at him, feeling clueless. "We just want to know what going on." Cole stepped in, looking at me with those pleading eyes.

I ignored them and turned to get my things out of my locker. "What the fuck is your problem?" Connor demanded, frustration now evident on his face and I secretly feared the volume of his voice- wishing he'd keep it down so I could head to my class stress-free.

"My problem is that everybody is always asking me what's wrong." I groaned, slamming my locker shut and having the two guys behind me jump in shock. I felt a few stares, but I ignored them all and instead tried to calm my beating heart.

"So you're pissed off because people care about you?" Cole snapped.

"I'm pissed off because nothing is wrong." I snapped back. "I'm so fucking tired of people asking me that." Then I stormed off to a class where talking was prohibited. It was where I calmed my crazed nerves.

I was acting like a bitch, and I hated treating people I cared for like that, but I also was exhausted of lying and exhausted of slipping on this happy face when all I wanted was to go to college, be successful with Andy, have my dad back, and live away from the lies. Especially, I wanted to stop caring about Mr. Grant.