Chapter 15

We were being shot at repeatedly,
Scott screamed" Malia!" Then we saw man, point his gun at us then he was ran over by the jeep. We saw Stiles,
He said" Didn't think you're doing this without me, did you?"
Derek said" Without us?" Yes! Derek attacked two of them then growled at the rest. We attacked, we have the leverage now.

I was with Stiles and Lydia, the hunters took off,
Stiles said" Can't believe you didmt tell me about any of this. Not a word. Not a single word."
Lydia said" We had reasons. Really good reasons." I walked over to Scott, who was with Deucalion.
Deucalion said" Gerard... what he fears most... he can't beat you. And he knows it."
Malia said" It's really started, hasn't it?"
Stiles asked" What's started?"
Scott answered" It's an all-out war." Scott hugged Derek,
Peter said" As much as I enjoy the impromptu family reunion, what are you doing here?"
Derek said" I found a pack slaughtered in Brazil. There were two words written in blood on a wall. Beacon Hills."
Scott said" You came back for Beacon Hills?"
" No. I came back for you." Then The jeep's radio came on,
Gerard, over radio, said" Blood and destruction. Dreadful objects so familiar." We all walked to the jeep, Stiles got in, so did Scott, Scott put me on his lap." All pity choked with custom of fell deeds. Caesar's spirit, ranging for revenge. With Ate by his side come hot from hell. Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice. Do you know the rest, Scott? Do you know your Shakespeare?" Derek nodded, Scott pressed the button and pointed to Derek.
Derek said" Cry, Havoc! And let slip the dogs of war."
" War, indeed. Welcome back, Derek. You must all be feeling rather nostalgic. Are you pleased with the little family reunion I've gathered around you, Scott?"
Scott said" Yeah, well, why don't you come join us and I can thank you in person?" Something's wrong, something's still missing.. someone. Stiles pulled me onto his lap,
I mumbled" Ethan." Lydia looked at me,
" I even have a few visitors for you, from London. Even someone like Jackson Whittemore couldn't resist coming back to Beacon Hills. Say hello, Jackson." Then I heard Jackson in pain, I moved my face to Stiles' neck, hiding.
Jackson said" Do it again, old man. Come a little closer. I'm gonna shove that thing so far up your ass..."
" Lost none of his charm, has he? You can find him here with us at the armory, Scott. In fact, I'm going to tell you where to find all of them. Your deputy Hellhound met some friends of his while responding to a call at Eichen House. Your father was on his way back from San Francisco with the goal of entering the fight. But he didn't get far. You might want to tell your mother to skip her shift at the hospital tonight. Liam and his friends are there now. Optimistic of them, but woefully ill-advised. This is how you wage war, Scott. A strategic positioning of your army against theirs. Which is why you will come to me. You will try to save as many as you can. And you might even save a few. But your limited resources will be spread thin." I looked at Scott, my eyes glowing," Ultimately you will fail. The dogs of war, Scott. They're coming for you..." then it went static again, I looked at them then pounced for the door, Derek grabbed me before I could get anywhere. I struggled to get loose from him,
I screamed" Mason! Corey! Liam! Liam!" I roared, lunging out but not getting anywhere." Mason! Corey! I need to help them! Let me go! Derek, let me go! I need to help them! Scott, let me help them!" Derek gave me to Scott, I didn't stop fighting, I wasn't gonna stop fighting. I roared, lunging out but got nowhere, I roared, looking at Scott," Let me help them! Let me help them! Alpha, let me help them! They're in trouble! Mason! Corey! Liam!" I screamed at him, I needed to help them, they're in trouble, I need to help them!
Scott said" Maya, calm down." I didn't, I couldn't," Pup, look at me." I looked at him, his eyes glowed, my heart instantly slowed down." They are going to be okay, I promise. They're gonna be okay." I nuzzled into his neck," Okay."

We got to the clinic, and they shut down everything.
Stiles said" It was, literally, day one at my internship, and up comes a slide about this guy that they've been chasing in the woods in North Carolina."
Malia said" I thought you were in South America."
Derek said" I was. The bodies of the werewolves I told you about? They blamed me."
Stiles continued" So I learn that the FBI has cornered this feral mass-murdering unsub..."
" I found a group of hunters gathering in a meeting place. I was trying to get information."
" Well, the FBI found out about it too and they were planning a SWAT assault to take him down. Dead or alive. And, as we all know, though, with Derek, it's preferably dead."
" Preferably."
" So I convinced them to take me on the Field Op."
Lydia said" You convinced the FBI to bring an intern onto an extremely dangerous field operation?"
Derek said" I'm surprised he didn't convince them he could lead it."
Stiles continued" I tried. Didn't work. Anyway, long story short, I basically, you know, had to save his life."
" That's not how it happened."
" Yeah. I may have left out a detail, but that's the gist of what happened. It was essential essence of it."
" You couldn't walk."
" I was limping."
" You couldn't walk and I know that because I was carrying you."
" They shot my toe. You want to see it? My toe was caught in the crossfire. It was obliterated."
Lydia said" Okay, forget your toe."
" Obliterated."
Scott said" Guys, it's not just the hunters. We've got another problem."
Lydia said" It's called the Anuk-ite."
" It can get into your head. It can make you see things."
Stiles asked" What does it look like?"
I said" It used to look like two ordinary people. But somehow they merged. All we know is that it's made of two faces."
Lydia said" One human. The other supernatural."
Scott said" It's a shapeshifter, just like us. But it knows what you're afraid of. What you fear most."
Malia said" And now it can kill you just by looking at you."
Stiles asked" Okay, so you're telling me we gotta go up against this thing blind? And face our deepest fear?"
Scott said" Yeah. Why? What do you fear most?"
" Blindness."
Derek said" Becoming blind?"
" Yeah, terrified of it. Always have been. This just seems to be a situation of unfortunate overlap."
Scott said" Lydia, you and Stiles need to find Argent, get to the armory, rescue Jackson."
Lydia said" I don't think we have time to wait for him. I've gotten through those doors once, anyway. I can do it again."
Stiles said"  Can we slow it down just for one second, make sure I'm grasping this? So, we're actually talking about doing this? We're gonna do exactly what Gerard wants us to? Is that right?"
Scott said" I think if we stop the Anuk-ite, we stop it all."
Derek said" Stopping this thing can stop Gerard and the hunters?"
" Not all of them are hunters."
Lydia said" He's right. Most of them are ordinary people acting out of fear."
Scott sighed" Monroe's not gonna change. But I think that we can reach the others. Most of them, actually."
" The Anuk-ite is causing them to come from a place of fear."
Derek said" Well, fear's pretty motivating. Especially when it leads to anger."
Scott continued" And I think that if we can take out the fear, we can take out the fight in them too. They're afraid of us, but they don't have to be. They just have to change their minds."
" Well, we have to change their minds."
Malia said" Okay, we can face the Anuk-ite. We can try to fight it blind. We can try to face our fears. But we still need to know how to catch it."
Scott said" We will figure that out. We always do."
Derek said" Oh, it is nice to see that somebody hasn't lost their optimism."
" Not yet."
Stiles said" I have."
Lydia said" We will buy you time, Scott. Who knows? Maybe Jackson has an answer."
Malia said" Maybe Argent will come back with one."
" You two. You're with me. And we need Peter. Anyone who can help stop this thing or slow it down."
" Where we headed?"
" The high school."
Derek asked" That's where we're gonna find this thing?"
" No. It'll find us." I went to follow Scott out, he stopped me and gave me that look.
I said" I'm with that team, aren't I?"
He said" Sorry. You'll know if we need help, please, go make sure Stiles doesn't get hurt, okay?"
" I'm doing this for Stiles, fine." He kissed my head, holding still for a second longer than normal." You're afraid."
" No. I just don't want to leave my pup anywhere but it's too dangerous for you to go with me."
" But I know how to fight blind, better than Malia, at least."
Malia said" Heard that."
" It's true."
Scott said" Go rescue Jackson, and I heard you said Ethan, go rescue Ethan." I perked up," Go." He nudged me to Lydia and Stiles.

We got to the armory, I went around the corner, growling then I pounced and took out a few of them. I covered my ears as Lydia got ready to Banshee scream, once she did, I uncovered my ears, Stiles kicked down the door and I saw Jackson.
Stiles said" Jackson?"
Jackson said" Stiles?"
Lydia said" Jackson?"
Stiles said" Already covered that."
" Oh, my god, it's you. It's really you." She ran to him and hugged him,
" Okay. That's nice. Okay, not too close. Watch the, uh... watch the hands. Okay. Okay, alright, let's just break that up."
Jackson said" You did that?"
Lydia said" Yeah, I did that."
Stiles said" I kicked down the door. Now that we've all contributed, wanna get the hell out of here? Huh?"
Jackson said" Uh, Not without Ethan." I sniffed around, wandering off from them,
Lydia asked" Ethan? What's Ethan doing here?"
" He's with me."
" He's with you?"
" Yes. Me."
Stiles said" Ethan?"
" Yes. Ethan."
Lydia said" And you?"
Stiles continued" Ethan?"
Jackson said" Yeah."
Lydia continued" Oh, my god. I thought you'd never figure it out." Jackson scoffed, smiled then chuckled a little," Can we go find him now?"
Stiles said" Yeah. Oh, yeah. Yeah?" He was on the phone, I ignored him and continued to sniff around. He went to go get whatever Scott needed," Keep an eye on her, May!"
" What's she doing?"
Lydia said" Just follow her." I sniffed around then I walked into a corridor and saw Ethan.
I said" Hi, Ethan."
Ethan said" Pup?"  Jackson and Lydia ran in behind me," How did you get out before me?"
Jackson said" Well, I talked my way out of it."
" You used the tail, didn't you?"
Lydia said" You still have a tail?"
" So gross."
Jackson said" Can you just get up? Let's go." Then I felt something, I roared, Lydia covered my mouth quickly. I struggled against Lydia,
Lydia said" What's wrong?"
I said" Alpha! He's hurt, he's- Bane!" I took off out of the warehouse and down the street.

Once I got to the school, I walked in and instantly closed my eyes, May, do not open your eyes. I walked down the hallway, then felt it, I covered my ears quickly.
I heard someone say" Maya?" Then I realized it was Scott," May, pup, come on. We gotta run, we gotta run now, Maya. Open your eyes, what're you doing?" Then I heard a stabbing sound and I wanted to open my eyes so badly but I didn't," Maya, help me." He breathed heavily," May, pup, help me, help me."
I whimpered" No, no, no, this isn't real, none of this is real. Scott's okay, I can feel him. He's okay, don't open your eyes."
" He's dead." I growled then pounced and landed a scratch, then I took off running. I ran out another door and then felt Scott in pain... No! I turned around and ran back inside, then I turned a hallway, headed for the library. I stopped at the doors, I could feel it's power, the Anuk-ite is in there with Scott. Scott knows what he's doing, he's gonna be okay.
I opened my eyes once I smelled Stiles, I ran to him and we ran in together. He threw the mountain ash at the Anuk-ite and it fogged around it and it turned to stone.
Stiles and I ran to Scott, he dug his claws into his eyes, and they're not healing right. Lydia and Derek came in, we sat around Scott, then Malia came in.
She said" Scott? He's not healing? Scott, what happened to your eyes?"
Scott said" I had to. I'm sorry."
Derek said" Scott, you have to heal. If your eyes stay like this much longer, the damage is gonna be permanent."
Stiles said" Come on, Scott. Concentrate."
Scott continued" I'm trying. It's not working. I can't focus."
Malia continued" Hey, hey, look at me. Yes, you can. Just concentrate."
" I can't, I can't, I can't do it."
" Yes, you can. Scott, please just look at me." I held onto Derek's side,
Lydia said" Malia. Kiss him."
" What?"
" Kiss him." Malia kissed him and once he opened his eyes, they healed. I sighed, then they kissed again, I smiled and hugged Scott, making the two break their kiss. Malia rubbed my hair, Scott hugged me back, kissing my head.

Scott brought the lone beta to the yard,
I heard Scott say" Well, we're meeting up with some people who can help us. Some of them are always with us. Others come when we need them. But tonight... we need everyone we can get." We pulled up and got out, I was with Malia and Liam.
The beta said" Are they all... uh, different?"
" Some of them are. Some can do things you'd never believe. And the others might only be human, but they make up for it by being really smart or really good in a fight."
" Who are they?"
" My friends. My pack. And you can be with us if you want. But you're gonna have to fight."
" Against Monroe?"
" And everyone that follows her."
" She said she'd find me. That she'd hunt me down and kill me. She didn't care how old I was. She said I was a monster."
" You're not a monster. You're a werewolf." I looked at Liam then ran to Scott, and climbed onto his back,
I said" Like us." I glowed my eyes at the same time Scott did, I smiled at the lone beta. Then Scott walked to our pack, Stiles took me off Scott's back so he could hug me, I hugged Stiles, smiling. Then I hugged Derek, we walked off, Liam and Malia joined us, I held Liam's hand as we walked off, and the lone beta named Alec followed us then caught up to us, walking beside us.

The end