Chapter 1

Scott and Stiles were in trouble again, mainly because Stiles is having Supernatural withdrawal and misses working cases. I was shaking my head at them as Stiles got a cast on his wrist,
Sheriff said" What in hell were you two thinking?"
Scott said" We were just trying to help."
" Why don't you try and help me understand... what the hell happened here?"
Stiles said" Right, well, we were trying to gently persuade him to pull over..."
Scott said" Yeah. He was getting away."
Sheriff said" He got away."
Stiles said" Right. Because obviously he's some sort of criminal mastermind, Dad."
" Uh-huh. You want to guess what the stolen merchandise is?" He opened the back of the van," Hmm?"
" Critical life saving medical equipment?"
" No."
" Poison gas?"
" Nope."
" Filled with drugs?"
" Helium."
" Helium?" Sheriff nodded, I sighed then looked at them.
Once we were driving, I was sitting on Stiles' lap, slowly starting to fall asleep.
Scott said" This could be a good thing."
Stiles said" That we saved helium?" I laid my head on his shoulder,
" I mean, that... they don't need us anymore."
" Okay, well, they need us. They just don't know it."
" We're all going off to college soon. So Beacon Hills is gonna have to survive without us."
" Beacon Hills will burn to the ground without us."
" Stiles... they don't need us." Stiles' phone vibrated, he grabbed it and looked at it,
" They need us!" I looked at Scott, then nuzzled into Stiles more, closing my eyes, I fell asleep quickly.
I woke up, alone in the jeep, I rubbed my eyes then followed Scott's scent to the impound lot. I moved onto all fours and walked to them, chewing on Scott's pants.
Scott said" Well, it's not an exact science. And he's a kid. Maybe he's too freaked out to remember."
Malia said" Why does it matter if they're dead? Dead is dead."
Stiles said" Okay, if it's just a robbery, we can't help them. And if it's something supernatural, my dad can't help them."
Lydia said" It sounds like you want it to be supernatural."
" It's been, like, three months since anything's happened."
" Yeah, and once a week you drag me out of bed like I'm some sort of supernatural metal detector."
" Okay, it is way more often than that. You can't tell me that you think this is just some series of impossible coincidences?"
" What I'm saying is maybe that wouldn't be so bad." Malia and Lydia walked away, Stiles looked at Scott, Scott shrugged then grabbed the back of my hoodie and pulled me up onto his back. Stiles sat in the car that had a strangely broken windshield,
Scott said" You're starin' at a broken windshield."
Stiles said" There's something wrong with it."
" It's broken. And it wasn't a magic bullet. It was a regular bullet. That blew out a regular windshield." A regular bullet wouldn't do this kind of damage, I know that." Just like that one," he started to notice the very different windshields," and that one," it clicked,"...and that one." Stiles picked up a piece of the broken glass, we looked at it.
" Magic bullet."

We were at the school, Stiles was ticking Malia off by ruining her yearbook photo, every time. She finally gave up and walked over to us, where we were sitting at a table.
Stiles said" Why would I want to ruin your yearbook photo?"
Malia said" Maybe because you haven't signed up for your own photo yet?"
" Yes, I did."
" It's blank."
" Uh..."
Scott said" Or maybe you're sublimating the stress of graduating by avoiding key milestones. Psych paper."
" Hey, the Deputy searched the car. No slugs, no exit hole. And the address Alex gave my dad, it's an abandoned house. Come on! Missing parents, suspicious guy on horseback, magic bullet. Who's comin' with?"
Malia said" I've got to retake my photos."
Lydia said" Yeah, not interested."
Scott said" I cannot miss any more classes."
Stiles said" Scott. Scott."
" I missed 38 last semester. And Lydia's mom is the only reason I'm still in school. I can go after school."
" You know what? Forget it. I'll take Liam." i started giggling, he's not gonna take Liam, who's currently making out with Hayden on a bench in the lot." Yeah, I'm not taking Liam."
" Mmm-mmm."
Stac said" Hey, can I get a candid?"
" Yeah, sure." Scott turned me around and we pulled Stiles down, Scott sat me on his knee, putting me between him and Stiles.
Stiles whispered" Okay, fine. If you can explain to me why this is blue, I'll let it go."
Stac said" Everyone smile." We all looked at the camera and smiled.