Chapter 7

Beginning of 6B

My phone dinged as Mason texted me again,

Liam-mergency.

I sighed then watched Coach grill Scott again, I ran to the locker room quickly. I walked into the locker room to see Liam laying on the bench,
Liam said" I can't handle this."
Mason said" Yes, you can. And you've handled so much worse than this. You're practically the Alpha now."
" I'm nothing without her."
Corey said" Liam, can you help me with this, Please?"
" Hayden left me."
Mason said" She moved, to protect her sister. And it's not like she dumped you or anything." I walked over and sat on the bench across from Liam.
Corey said" Why is your arm so heavy?"
" Okay, Scott says Coach is losing it."
Liam said" Scott's leaving, too." I looked at Mason,
" Going to college is not leaving, okay? It's called growing up. And we're all gonna be going to different colleges eventually." Uh-oh... Corey, keep your mouth shut.
Corey said" I thought we were both applying to UCLA."
Liam said" What, you guys are going to the same college?"
Mason said" That is not the point."
" What is the point?"
" The point is that summer's almost over, we're about to be seniors, this is about to be the best year of our entire lives, and you're still captain of the lacrosse team. So come on. We got to..." they all fell the second they got
Out the door,
I said" Okay, Liam! Get up and get out there before the little beta decides to rip you apart!" He just groaned, I looked at Corey and Mason, Mason nodded his head, Mason's and my phone vibrated," Coach is making Diaz captain." Liam sat up then ran out fast," See you guys later! Bye, human! Bye, Chameleon." I ran after Liam, following him onto the field, and stopping as he went onto the field and caught the ball. He was flipped after a few minutes, though, my eyes flickered. I nudged Scott and ran out onto the field, Scott followed me quickly.
Scott whispered" Liam, your eyes."
Coach yelled" McCall, what the hell was that? That wasn't a foul. That's called winning." Then he stopped talking, I looked up and saw a wolf covered in blood. I sniffed then started to crouch down, but Scott kept me up, He got Liam up and we all looked at the wolf as it growled.
Scott said" Everyone back. Nolan. Nolan, hey, step back, man. Are you okay? What are you doing?" Nolan got back, after Scott had to go to him and pull him back. Scott glowed his eyes and the wolf turned away and walked into the forest, it was limping, it was hurt. I, instantly, started following the wolf, then I heard Scott and Liam behind me.
We got into the woods,
Liam said" You think it's a, a wolf-wolf or..."
Scott said" I think it's just a wolf." We saw the wolf's body, it was dead, spiders crawled out of it.
" Scott." Scott and I looked up and saw a bunch of dead wolves, I whimpered then covered my face in Scott's stomach. Scott rubbed my hair, lifting me up into his arms, carefully.

Liam and Scott pushed on Scott's suitcase,
Liam said" Whatever happened to those wolves was definitely supernatural."
Scott said" Well, I wouldn't say definitely. It could've been a parasitic infection. I mean, we get dogs that come into the clinic that have botflies coming out of their skin."
" Can that happen to people?"
" Yeah. Yeah, they crawl under the skin, lay some eggs, and eventually they..." They threw the suitcase onto the bed and it popped open," Burst." They sat down," So, you wanna talk about it?"
" I thought we were talking about it."
" No, that's not what I'm talking about."
" Oh. That. Me."
" Yeah. You. Your fangs, your eyes, the growl."
" Sounds like we're gonna talk about this."
" You just gotta remember your mantra. What three things cannot long be hidden?"
" I haven't had to use that in..."
" Hey. What three things cannot long be hidden?"
" The sun, the moon, the truth."
" Again."
He inhaled," The sun..." exhale, inhaled," The moon.." exhaled, inhaled," The truth."
" Better."
" You don't have another suitcase, do you?"
" I got duct-tape." He threw it to Liam, I looked at them,
I said" Duct-tape!" I went to grab it then Liam shook his head," I want it, give it!"
" No, Pup, the last time you had duct-tape, you managed to wrap your entire body in it and it took the entire pack to get it off."
" Well... to my-"
" No, I'm not listening to this one, again."
" Not my fault." He smiled, ruffling my hair, I smiled at them.