Dance Your Hearts Out (A Nathan Sykes FanFiction) 16

“You're so beautiful, intelligent, funny, and extremely talented. These last few weeks have been amazing because of you,” he started. “And I know you have your bloke, but I can't help but think I could give you so much more.” He abruptly stood up and slipped into the spot next to me, taking both my hands. “I try so hard every week, not so that I can win this stupid contest, but so I get to spend another week with you,” he spoke slowly and calmly.

I was touched by his words. I could feel my heart beating faster, my cheeks growing warmer, and my hands starting to shake in his.

“I really like you, Tori,” he mumbled.

He slowly and cautiously leaned over and brushed his lips against my forehead... just like Nathan does...

“N-no...Niall, I can't,” I said, returning to my senses and standing up, putting distance between us.

He just sat there, looking up at me like a sad puppy.

“I'm dating Nathan,” I said, reminding myself with that statement. “He's my boyfriend and....and...I love him,” I said hoarsely, suddenly taken aback by those last three words.

“You do?” he questioned, sounding just as surprised as me.

“I...I don't...I mean I do, but....” I stammered, frustrated.

“Think about it,” he said, standing in front of me.

He didn't necessarily tower over me, but he was taller by a good three or four inches. I tensed as he leaned over and kissed my temple before walking off, leaving me alone in his trailer. I couldn't help but think...did I really love Nathan or did I just say that in the heat of the moment? Doubting your relationship and having a celebrity fall for you was not part of my contract....

****

I was at the rehearsals, watching this weeks performers run through their routine. I sat where the judges would usually sit. Ty sat next to me with his feet propped on the table.

“Something wrong, boo?” he asked, playing with my fingers.

I shook my head glumly.

“I know that look, what's up, Tor-bear?” he asked, turning to me with a serious expression.

“I can't talk about it, at least not here,” I sighed, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Well, let's go back stage then,” he said, standing and pulling me up with him.

He guided me backstage to a secluded area. I hadn't seen Niall since our little talk in his trailer. I'm not sure where he went or whether he was still here on the set or not. Ty sat me down in a chair and pulled up another one close to me.

“Talk,” he commanded.

I sighed.

“Remember how I was telling you that Nathan was jealous of Niall and then you suggested that I get Niall to explain to Nath that it was just dancing between us?” I started, running a hand through my hair.

“Yeah, yeah,” Ty nodded.

“Well, I went to Niall's trailer to talk to him, but...things became difficult,” I mumbled.

“What, he didn't want to talk to your boyfriend?” Ty joked.

“He couldn't tell Nath that we were just friends...because he doesn't see me as just a friend,” I said quietly.

I then went into a full repeat of the whole conversation that I had with Niall and what I had said. Ty listened like the great friend he was, nodding every now and then.

“And that's what happened,” I finally sighed, slightly out of breath by the whole explanation.

Ty stared at the floor in thought.

“You weren't kidding, this is complicated,” he mumbled.

“Exactly,” I sighed, rubbing my aching headlining.

“So, is it true, shorty....you love him?” he questioned bashfully.

I looked away.

“I....I think I do” I replied hesitantly.

“You're not sure,” he stated.

I shook my head.

“Aww, baby girl,” he sighed, kneeling down and wrapping his arms around me tightly, “you'll get through this,” he reassured me, rubbing my arm comfortingly.

“I don't want to lose Nathan...he's the best relationship I've ever had,” I shuddered, feeling subtle tears blur my vision.

“I got you, don't worry,” Ty purred gently, brushing my hair down.

Once I'd regained control of my emotions, I sat up straight and fixed myself up only to return to the front stage to finish off rehearsals. Ty kept close watch of me, giving me a reassuring grip on the shoulder every now and again.

It wasn't till I sat in my dressing room that Niall had reappeared. He was in costume as he nervously stepped into the room. I glanced at him in the mirror before looking down at the brushes and products strewn across the table, afraid to look him in the eye.

“I'm sorry if what I said ruined whatever friendship we had,” he said, gently gripping my shoulders from behind.

“It didn't,” I said with a small smile, trying to lighten the awkwardness in the room.

“You sure about that?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Niall, you're a really sweet guy and one day you'll find a girl that appreciates that,” I told him turning to face him in my chair.

“I don't want 'a' girl, I want you,” he sighed, intertwining our hands.

“I'm sorry, Niall,” I said quietly, pushing his hands out of mine.

The silence between us felt like it lasted for ages. Neither of us moved, the only noise would be that of the crew getting ready to go live outside the door.

“Can I at least give you one kiss? I'll be hating myself forever if I let this opportunity slip away,” he requested like an innocent child.

The look he was giving me made my heart melt. He was so adorable that I couldn't explain what came over me when I felt my head nod.

“Just one,” I warned.

He smiled coolly before gripping my jaw between his thumb and index finger, tilting my head up, and leaning his own down. I felt his lips softly and cautiously brush against mine. His kiss was so different from Nathan's, it was hesitant and innocent, like a child, yet expertly given like a man who's been kissed by every type of woman. It's hard to explain, but it was enjoyable.

I was the one to pull away, feeling the guilt start to sink in only moments into that kiss that will stay in my memory forever. How many girls can honestly say that Niall Horan has asked them for a kiss? He smiled down at me with a satisfied sigh.

“Thank you,” he spoke quietly.

I could only smile shyly. Suddenly, the sound of slow clapping broke what once was an awkward silence. I tensed as both our gazes shot to the door of my dressing room. Nathan stood there, leaning against the door frame, clapping slowly and bitterly.

“Really nice, Tori,” he said expressionlessly.

****

Thoughts?? Comments? Vote? :)