Chapter Seven

Author's note: Yeah I am sorry, my updating schedule is going to be crazy... I get random bursts of inspiration so I have no idea how this is going to work out, probably just on weekends. So I am sorry for my lack of organization, I hope you can forgive me. Thank you for reading, I know this isn't the best quality but hopefully my story brings some new elements of Logyn to the table. I really love this story and if you love/like it too, I will continue to pour all of my creative joy into these chapters. Phew it's only the seventh chapter and I am getting serious, sorry about that, I try my best and I really just want to make you guys happy. Also, I can't wait to dig a little deeper into Sigyn's backstory, you guys are going to love her if you don't already. So what do you think so far? Am I filling your expectations? I would love some constructive criticism, an author always loves feed back, and I am no exception, so feel free to teach me some lessons! Okay that was way too long, time to write the actual story...

-------------------- 

I wonder how my life would have been if I knew my mother. I would not be in here, I don't think. I would have grown up in her village, hidden away from Odin and the world. But I would still have been discriminated, my dark ashen skin and silver eyes. If I had known my mother I might have never known my father, and I would never had met Gala and Erika. I like to think that in a perfect world I would have both my parents and wouldn't be stuck in a pristine white and gold prison cell. That Odin would be a better ruler, and people like me wouldn't me hunted and tortured.

I do not remember most of the torturing, my mind was too occupied and clouded by anger and hatred to Odin. What I do remember is the minimal hours afterward that I was conscious. Those hours were the most physically and mentally draining moments of my life. Now I have yet a few more scars to remind me that I am stronger than the forced that monopolize Asgard, That what has yet to kill me will make me tougher for the battles to come. Some scars are not visible to the eye, but internal and slightly more haunting to my mind. 

I feel as if I could break into a million pieces at any second, but every second I still stand makes me determined to continue fighting. 

Sometimes I do break, when I have found a safe spot for the night. I have trouble sleeping and nightmares come creeping up on me. But the nightmares are random, no reason to their ambushing. I do not remember the dreams when I wake up, but I know I have had them because I wake screaming and covered in cold sweat. I have not lived the best life, but I am glad to have lived this far.

--------------------

Late that night, after several hauntingly quiet hours, I am about to crawl into bed when I hear a loud crash and angry cursing outside the door. What in the name of Fenrir could that be? The lights are off, so I can't see anything but shadows. My heart speeds up, nothing should be able to get through those doors, not even powerful giants. The door opens slowly, and much to my surprise, Loki walks through, wearing a dark cloak. I watch him open the enchanted barrier to his cell with a slight movement of his hand, he steps in and grabs a small sack. Whatever is in the sack falls out, he kneels down to pick it up. He doesn't notice me, strange, he normally can tell when I put a book on the wrong spot on the shelf, Which he has not hesitated to inform me every single time. He must either be drunk or really concentrated on his mission.  

Or both.

I decide that I want to know what he is doing, since he seems so oblivious to the outside world. But I wait a few more seconds, just so see if I can get an inkling on what he is doing. When my magnificent observation skills fail me, I clear my throat. He doesn't look up, so I yell at him.

"Happy Birthday." I say. He jumps, I can practically feel his heart rate spiking. 

"Sigyn?" He whispers, looking fearful and rushed. Something on his face makes my heart drop suddenly, like I should be scared as well. 

"What are you doing, didn't your mother let you run free range today? Why are you sneaking around all secretive and why was there a big crash outside?" I ask, the details slowly adding up in my head. He must have left the party to break out of here or something, but how can he do magic, the guard said that he was bound from that? He looks around and sighs, then setts the bag down.

"I am leaving. My mother was foolish enough to let me out, I love her dearly, but she should not trust me as she has today. I can not stay tied up at this palace for the rest of my days, I need to escape." He admits, his voice sad with a reluctant regret.

 I frown, this is the most he has spoken to me without screaming angrily. It's a different side to him, almost a neutral side. Almost. I can feel that he is still mad, mad at what I cannot tell, but upset nonetheless.  If he would just talk to me, I would listen, maybe we could talk about our similarities, our familiar hatred to the All-Father. But he simply doesn't trust me, maybe it is because I seem crazy. I'm not crazy, not to a noticeable extent at least. I just want to have justice for my people. 

"Why?" I question, my voice barely above a whisper. Maybe he will talk to me now, unless his parting from Asgard is too urgent to explain. And it seems that is the answer, his face stiffens and I know I have pressed too far.

"It is not relevant to you, Midnetti." He snaps. " I do not have to explain my self to you, you do not lord over my choices in the slightest."

I think for a second, maybe he can be my escape from here.

"I am coming with you." I state, standing tall as I can muster from my bruised body. I try to put an as murderous of face as I can.  My heart beats at a faster pace, I am worried he will laugh at me or simply kill me for my harsh request. But he stands emotionless, staring at me as I attempt to intimidate him. I have had my fair share of intimidating people, usually my eyes glow a bit and I have multiple inches over them. But this is not the case, Loki has at least four inches over me.  I stare back at him, burning my eyes into his. I just cannot get over how luminous his eyes are. they glow lustrously, green with power. 

Shaking my head off of his eyes, I clear my throat. He doesn't answer, then his eyes dart around the room. His ears perk, I listen and hear military footsteps storming down the hall. The guards must have heard Loki knock some doormen out. My nerves tense, if I want to get out of here I need to convince Loki as quick as possible.

"Come on, you know I do not deserve to be in here, I hate your father as much as you do! I have to get out of here!" I plead, pressing my hand against the glass. 

"N- no." Loki stutters, blinking furiously. I growl, this convincing feat is not as easy as it sounds. I will have to be more threatening.

"I am coming with you, Loki." I snarl. The guards advance, I can practically feel their footsteps. Loki looks at the door nervously, then back to me with torn emotion. 

"Sigyn..." He complains, then his face twists and he curses under his breath. " Fine! Let us go now." He says, teleporting inside of my cell and hastily grabbing my waist. Before I have time to sever his hand for rudely handling me, a green glow envelops us and we disappear into the cold Asgardian night.