Chapter Two

Authors note: The last chapter was really short and for any of you who stumble upon this story, i'm sorry for that. I actually have the entire book written out in a spiral notebook rn and i'm just making improvements and tweaks as i type, so the chapters will go up quite frequently. so... Read on my lovelies! :)

--------------------

Sigyn POV  

I wanted to stop resisting. It hurts to breathe, it hurts to think. As I'm being dragged, I want to give up. I've endured some screwy stuff in my life, my gaunt body covered in scars big and small, each one with a more gruesome backstory. But this is worse. This is so much worse. Not only am I suffering externally, but I'm emotionally unstable. The things they do to criminals here, it is unimaginable and horrifying. My body is more bruises than skin; ankles, wrists, knees, and arms covered in rope burn. 

"Stop struggling." One of the guards growl, pulling on my arm. I scream and try to kick him, but I clearly overestimated my strength, because instead I slip and hit my chin on some large entirely unneeded piece of decor. My chin starts bleeding, my head aches even more, but I still don't regret any of it. Odin is an abominable being, he doesn't know right from wrong, killing my entire race because we had power. The only reason I escaped is because a young asgardian took pity on my lonely child soul, finding me running down a path in the woods.  I was raised as a farmer, but my passion always strayed away from my job. I wanted to fight, I wanted to be a valkyrie and slay evil beings. But the valkyries are under Odin's control, and to him, i was dead in a village with the rest of my family. 

My adoptive mother told me stories of what my people were like, they were incredibly magical beings. They all had skin the color of the night sky, a beautiful and entrancing sight. their eyes were pale grey, hair wispy white and smooth. But not me, I am only a half breed. Half what I will never know. My skin is the color of ash, my hair curly and golden. and my eyes are silver and reflective, I have heard that when I get emotional they turn into swirling pools of liquid stars. I don't have powers either, not an ounce of magic in my blood. It was my father that had the powers, I never knew my mother, or what she was. I try not to wonder about that though, I have more important things on my mind, like how i am going to survive the night and keep out of sight. 

Now my skin is tarnished with a constant reminder that I should be dead, that I will never be welcome in the outside world. I fear that the way I look is only what Odin sees, that because I look like a threat to him I should be punished. And i hope i scare him, oh gods i hope that sniveling little tyrant is scared of me. 

We near a locked corridor, the leading guard puts in a long complicated code I can't put to my memory.  The doors open, I look up to see a few very impenetrable looking cells, only one other occupied by a dark figure standing with their back to the open glass wall. I'm thrown in to a cell directly in front of the occupied one, the magic glass shield quickly sealing as my body hits the freezing tile. I look up out of my blood and dirt stained hair and see the dark figure staring emotionless at me, and then my world goes black.

a/n ok cool! 2 chapters in one night! please let me know how i am doing! thanks for reading so far!