Chapter Four

Author's note: Welcome to chapter four. I am currently hiding in my room upstairs away from my family and their friends because they are loud and listening to horrible music and watching sports. I have only snuck down twice to get food and dr. pepper. So you can exepect a few chapters today. I just learned how to type in italics and i can't figure out how to type in that bold print. I don't have a specific song for this chapter but there is some sassy Loki so I think we are even. Thank you all so much for reading and I hope you are having a good day. Don't forget to vote and comment please! :) 

--------------------

When I finally come to, I'm still crumpled on the floor, in a ball of crippled failure. I open my eyes, reaching carefully to push the hair out of my eyes. The throbbing and searing pain in my body had subsided, and the blood had stopped, so that's a good sign. I examine the bad cuts and scrapes, they aren't the worst I've gotten, but they will leave scars. The only broken bones in my body are my right wrist, a fracture in my left calf, and two of my ribs are bruised. My body heals fast, so the large bruises on my skin should fade soon. 

After I'm done evaluating my injuries, I try to stand and put all my weight on my right leg. My head spins, causing me to see stars. my stomach is empty and I'm dehydrated, so I stumble back, knocking over a small table and falling onto a thin cot. I groan and clutch my ribs, half sitting half standing over the cot. I take a deep breath and sit down on the cot. 

"Okay, no standing, I get it." I say to myself, squinting up at the bright lights. My hands shake as i peel off the outer layers of my clothes, leaving me in black leggings and a red sleeveless wrap around my torso, all of which are stained with blood and dirt. I must smell like metal, sweat and mud. oh well, not like I'm going to some fancy banquet or ball. 

Suddenly I feel eyes on me and remember that I'm not the only one in this prison level. I look up sharply and see a pale man dressed in green and black robes staring dead-pan at me. I clear my throat, he must be Odin's "son," Loki. 

"Is there a problem?" I ask rudely. He blinks and meets my eyes from across the magic shield. He has soul searching greenish blue eyes and raven colored hair. His skin is pale and clear, stretched over sharp cheek bones. 

"You must be Sigyn." He states, raising one eyebrow as his thin mouth curves into a frown.

"How do you know my name?" I demand. My head aches but I ignore it, focusing on staying conscious. 

" You are quite the talk around here, I hear stories about 'The Indomitable Maiden, Sigyn.' They say you are vicious and unstoppable, a force to be reckoned with. I must say, it is quite all underwhelming, you don't look perilous in the slightest." He says. I snort, oh if he knew. 

"I could say the same about you, Loki, son of Odin. How is the 'Mighty God of Mischief' chained up down here? Shouldn't you be terrorizing citizens and wiping out races with your brother?" I tease, wrapping my wrist in part of my black tunic. He doesn't even look fazed, a if he expected some snappy remark. 

" That is none of your business, wench." He spits." Now if I am correct, you are either going to be here for a long time or a very short time, if you know what I mean. So it is in your best interest that you stay completely quiet and go unnoticed."

"Or what, you will kill me? Please, if we weren't behind bars, I would have you dead or wishing you were dead in four seconds. You know what I can do, now don't test my skill, snake boy." I laugh, I could go on like this for eternity. He tilts his chin up slightly and I give my best "try me" stare. 

"You don't have magic, you were never properly trained for war, and you are only skilled in basic weaponry. Your unstable genetics cause you to lose stamina quickly, and even though you have fast reflexes, they are dulled by the drug that the guards injected into you during the torture." He smiles wickedly and crosses his arms. 

"wha-what? How-"

I stutter, completely dumbfounded. How could he possibly know that? 

" Don't test my skill, *midnaetti." he growls. 

--------------------

*midnight. 

A/N: short chapter, i'm sorry. More up soon lovelies. Also, my first reader gets a shoutout: