Chapter 22

Jenna

I was on cloud nine. It had been 4 glorious days since Nate's proclamation that we were real. And it wasn't just talk. Since the night of the party things really have been different between us. He holds my hand, we cuddle and make out, tease each other and just have fun. He has also made it his mission to provide me with daily orgasms and I love it.

I spent the night in his room last night so I could give him a special morning wake up call. Cassie said guys love it and Nate definitely didn't disagree. I sleep in the rest of the morning and then have lunch with Nate's house keeper, Maria. We are just finishing up when the doorbell rings.

"Don't worry Maria, I'll get it." I open the door to a guy about my age carrying a beautiful bouquet of white lilies in a glass vase.

"Delivery for Jenna Matthews."

I sign, thank the guy and take the flowers. There's a note attached that reads, "These made me think of you. Beautiful, sweet and innocent ."

I've never gotten flowers from a guy before. This is so sweet of Nate. I pick up my phone to call and thank him, then change my mind. Thinking it better to thank him in person, I race upstairs to change. I put on a cute white sundress, curl my hair and try to put on a little makeup. I hope I dont look like a clown.

Nate told me he would be working at the Rayha offices today so that's where I go. When I get there the receptionist refuses to let me see him because I don't have an appointment. Just as I'm getting my phone to call Nate I hear his deep laugh. I look up to see him walking towards the elevators with Celeste and my heart sinks. I take a step in their direction and they stop.

"Jenna? What are you doing here?" Nate asks surprised

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything."

"Of course not." He says leaving Celeste's side and coming to me. He leans down and presses a chaste kiss to my lips. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. I just thought I'd stop by."

"Well I should get going. I'll see you soon Nate." Celeste says with a sly smile. "Nice to see you again Gina."

"Bitch." I mutter. She knows that's not my name. She's just trying to get to me and I hate that it worked. "I thought you didn't want Celeste anymore?"

Nate see the nosey receptionist blatantly eavesdropping so he takes me into an office and shuts the door. "Okay, now we can talk."

"Answer the question then."

"I don't want her, you know that."

"Then what was she doing here?" I ask crossing my arms.

He let's out a sigh. "She's helping my mom with party plans. This year marks 50 years since my grandfather built the first ever Rayha resort and spa. She came to get my opinion on a few things and make sure it's okay."

"That's convinent." I roll my eyes.

"Hey I didn't ask her to come here, my mother did. And it's not like I could just kick her out without causing a scene." He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me to him. "Now what are you doing here?"

I don't like that Celeste was here but being mad at him won't change anything. I sigh and look up at him. "I came to say thank you. You know for a guy that claims to not be made for relationships, you're doing pretty great so far. I've never gotten flowers from a guy before. They were beautiful and the note was so sweet. Thank you." I stand on my tip toes and kiss him.

"Uh... You're welcome but as much as I love your kisses, I didn't send any flowers." He says with a look of confusion.

"What? Then where did they - who did they come from?"

"What did the note say?"

"I took a picture, here." I show him the picture I took to put up on Instagram.

"Huh. Looks like someone is trying to make a move on my girl. Now I've gotta up my game." He says in faux seriousness.

I giggle. "No you don't. Even without the flowers you've been amazing these past few days." I kiss his jaw.

"You haven't been so bad yourself. Although I think if we want this to work, you have to wake me up with your mouth every morning."

I laugh and bury my face in his chest as I blush. I feel the vibrations in his chest as he laughs too. The phone rings and we break apart.

"Let me get this and then we'll go to lunch." He says. While Nate is on the phone I look around his office.

"Now? Isn't there someone else that can handle it? No... Yeah, I understand. I'll be there as soon as possible." Nate hangs up and looks at me. "I'm going to have to take a rain check on that lunch." He grimaces.

"Everything okay?"

"There's a problem with one of the properties I'm having renovated. The contractor is kicking up a storm so I have to head out there and get him back in line or find his replacement."

"Oh. Where exactly is there?"

"New York. I'll meet you back at the house when I come pick up some clothes. I'm not sure how long I'll be there. Shouldn't be more than a day or two."

He's gone for 3 days. I wish I could have gone with him. Then I wouldn't be stuck here missing him but I know he had work to do and wouldn't have time for me. He called when he got to New York and we've texted over the past 3 days but it's not the same. I miss his smile and his kisses. I can't wait for him to get back.

-----------------------------------------
Nate

I check my phone as I wait at the bar. Jenna texted me a bunch. Lots of "I miss you's" and kiss emojis. I kind of miss her too so I send her a good night text to let her know I'm thinking of her.  I just press send when I feel a body press up against my side.

"Well hello there handsome. I hope you haven't been waiting long."

I look at Melody and smile. "Hey gorgeous, ready to get out of here?"

"Absolutely."

We leave the bar and head up to my hotel room. Mel is an old "friend". Whenever I'm in town we hook up, no strings attached.The way we both like it. It's been that way since Celeste and I split up.

I hesitated for about a second to accept Melody's offer earlier today. A part of me felt bad for betraying Jenna. Then I reminded myself that Jenna and I weren't a couple, not really anyway. No one in Emmery hills would know,I would get laid at least twice before the night was over and the best part was that Jenna would never find out.

**********************
Hey guys!
So Nate is an ass. Let me know what you think.
Please comment and vote!

Thanks
Gabbi💋