Chapter 7

Jenna

*4 weeks later*

Walking into the apartment I try to think of the best way to start my vacation. School let out today for the summer and I was free for almost 3 months.

I could sleep in late, lounge around in my pj's reading and not have to worry about breaking up squabbaling toddlers.

I decide on taking a shower and grabbing something to eat before vegging out on the couch binge watching series on Netflix.

I must have fallen asleep while watching Insatiable because I wake up with a start when I feel something hit my face.

I look at the ceiling and see water dripping and a water mark forming. I rush to get a bucket then move the couch out of the way. I just place the bucket under the drip when the front door opens. Cassie is home and Tyler is with her.

Cassie and Tyler have been together a few weeks now. They are so sweet together it gives me a toothache sometimes. I'm really happy for them though. Tyler seems like a perfect fit for Cassie and he treats her like a princess.

Over the past few weeks Tyler has joined us here at the apartment for dinner several times. Cassie was worried that Tyler and I wouldn't get along but regretted her decision when Ty and I became friends and started teaming up to tease her.

"Woah! Are we redecorating?" Cassie asks.

"There's a leak. I was just about to call Mr. Winston but since you are here you can do it." I taunt.

Cassie shivers and Tyler asks "Whose Mr. Winston?"

"He's our creepy landlord."

Mr. Winston was a portly,  65 year old widower. He owned the building we lived in but thankfully didn't live on the premises.

"He's a perv. Even when I wear layers I can feel his eyes on me and it makes my skin crawl!" Cassie exclaims.

Tyler frowns "I don't like the idea of some old pervert being alone around you girls. Give me his number, I'll call him."

For the first time ever Mr. Winston doesn't stay long or say much. I suspect it had everything to do with a scowling Tyler and I couldn't have been more greatful.

After checking the apartment upstairs Mr. Winston determined there was a problem with the pipes but he could only get someone to come check it out the next day. Tyler assured Mr. Winston that he would be here tomorrow to oversee things in our apartment.

*the next day*

"You're kidding me?!" I ask incredulously.

"What are we supposed to do while these repairs are carried out?" Cassie ask.

"I'm sorry ladies but there's nothing that can be done, it'll take at least six to eight weeks to fix all the pipes and the ceiling. I won't charge you rent for that time period." Mr. Winston says.

"Thank you Mr. Winston." Tyler says leading him to the door.

We had just found out that a pipe had burst in the apartment upstairs and had caused quite a bit of damage. We had to leave our apartment for the duration of the repairs.

What were we going to do? Where were we going to go? What about all our stuff?

"Hey, stop stressing. The two of you will stay with Nate and I while they sort all this shit. We'll put your things into storage for the time being so that nothing gets damaged. Everything's gonna be alright." Tyler said in a soothing voice before pulling both Cassie and I into a hug.

We pack up our clothes and other nececites that we need to take with us to Tyler's place.

Mr. Winston had called to say that he would have our things stored for us in the basement so it would be easier to move when we came back.

I drive Cassie's car since she rode with Tyler. I keep picturing those hazel eyes that I had tried so hard to forget.

So much for never having to see him again.

*********************

Hey people!
I hope you liked it. Please comment and don't forget to vote.

Thanks
Gabbi💋