26• Crescendo

A/N: Crescendo: (Italian) : A direction to perform with increasing loudness.

ⓔⓝⓙⓞⓨ ♥♥

__________♪__________

Why was I even here??

Standing in front of the stadium main doors, the boy was hesitantly taking a few steps forward. And then back.

Making small puffs in the cold air, Yoongi asked himself out loud, "What are you doing here? After all you've done. After all you've said. You think she'll forgive you?"

He let out a small sad laugh, wiping his red nose that already started drooling due to the cold night.

No need to watch her performance, he trusted her talent, he thought. And besides, she was probably already done.

Moments passed as he tried to kill away his hesitation and go back to his comfortable, warm bed. But he stood there, as though he was waiting for something. Something merely unknown, even to himself.

A clutching hand on his shoulder was surely enough to stir him out of his deep thoughts, already looking back at the owner of that trembling hand.

"Y-Yoongi hyung. I finally found you." His mouth was slightly opened, showing a glint of his bunny-like teeth under the soft moonlight. His wide troubled eyes stared back at the older.

"What do you want? I'm not your hyung."

The boy swallowed hard as the dry words rolled out of his mouth, "it's- it's (Y/N). They took her. And I couldn't stop them."

At that, Yoongi was already alarmed, holding both of Jungkook's arms tightly as he questioned him, "who are they?? And what have they done to her? Why did they take her??"

"Th- The Monster and the rest of the boys. They took her to the bank of the river. They forced me, hyung. I'm sorry."

"What? You were in this, too? How dare you??" He spat in rage.

His lips quivering and his guilty tears already rolling down, he confessed, "they.. Threatened to hurt my family, hyung. But I'll- I'll take you there, if you want."

"Okay, hurry. And stop hyunging me around. I barely know you."

At that, Jungkook nodded, wiping away his tears and leading the way to the river bank.

__________♪__________

Struggling to open your heavy eyelids, you immediately felt a sharp pain throbbing in your forehead. Once you opened them, you only saw a page of mere blackness, barely any stars visible as the moonlight shoved them away.

Then, you noticed the sound, a sound of rushing water, really close. As you came back to your senses, you realized you were lying on hard, cold concrete. Then you forced yourself to sit as the pain in your head never stopped.

You looked around, finding a river very close by; ten steps ahead and you'll already be washed away with the flow.

"Well, well, well. Looks like sleepy beauty is finally awake." A sudden voice startled you, and you looked around until you met a cold gaze. Although his eyes gave you goose bumps, he was merely smiling, a pair of dimples piercing into both of his cheeks.

You came to realize then that your wrists were tightened. You shivered in the cold air as you spoke, "What is this? Where am I? Who are you? And why did you tight my hands like that?"

He only sighed in boredom, nodding to himself, "Now I know why they cover the hostages' mouths. Just too many annoying questions."

"H-hostage??" You asked as horror sank into the pit of your stomach. "You kidnapped me?? B-but why? I haven't done anything to you. And I'm not the president's daughter, am I??"

He suddenly took out a knife from his jacket pocket as he warned you,"just shut up already. Or I'll shut you up myself."

You gulped, staring at the knife in his hand as fear took over you. He victoriously smiled at his success of scaring you as he said, "Let's just hope your parents are fast enough before anything happens to their precious daughter."

So many questions pierced in your head, making the throbbing even more unbearable. But you forced yourself to not ask any of them as you gulped down, praying to be saved from this situation somehow.

__________♪__________

"TEN. NINE. EIGHT..."

The crowds have begun their countdown, too excited to let go of the glowing lanterns as the kids sang happily, too.

Mr. and Mrs. (F/N)  stood along, wondering why you weren't even answering your phone. The three of you have agreed to watch the lanterns show after your performance together, well, they said they would while you simply nodded your head at whatever they said, too saddened to comprehend what they were even saying.

Your mother had a knot of worry in her stomach as she said to your father,"honey, I have a strange feeling. What if she got hurt?"

"Don't worry, honey. Maybe she just needs some time alone. She'll be here."

His phone suddenly rang and he picked it up, "hello?"

"Mr. (F/N)?"

"Yes, who's this?"

He could barely hear the person on the other line because of loud cheers of the crowds, too many lightened parades passing by, lightning the night in Seoul.

"I have your daughter."

"THREE. TWO. ONEE!!!"

The golden lanterns were finally released into the black sky, the screams getting even louder.