*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"All you need to paint is a few tools, a little instruction, and a vision in your mind."

jungkook and namjoon sat on their couch, eating cereal at 2am and watching bob ross. jungkook hadn't spoken once since they came home, namjoon tried to easy the tension. every time he would speak, jungkook wouldn't even glance his way. but namjoon knew he was listening, he knew jungkook would crack eventually.

putting down his empty bowl, namjoon turned to jungkook and placed his hand on small wrist, making jungkook put down his half-eaten bowl too. jungkook followed namjoon's hands, but kept his gaze down. namjoon furrowed his eyebrows, letting out a soft sigh.

"hey, little one." namjoon spoke gently, keeping his hands to himself. he didn't want to get too touchy just yet, he wanted jungkook to ease for a moment. "it's really early in the morning, aren't you tired?"

jungkook still stared at the couch cushion below him, his blinks soft and slow. he was so stiff, yet so calm. his breathing was gentle, not too rough or too soft. he didn't fidget, but namjoon caught jungkook licking his lips or sniffling every once in a while. honestly, namjoon thought it was so sickeningly sweet.

even then, namjoon still saw beauty in the mute.

"i think you should head to bed." namjoon sighed, running a hand through his hair. jungkook finally glanced up, sucking in a breath and darting his eyes away. he put his head back down, almost as if he was embarrassed. namjoon was confused, why was the younger acting so shy?

jungkook positioned himself to sit on his knees, then leaning forward. he placed a small hand on namjoon's knee, the his other between namjoon's chest. he raised his head and the two met eyes, close. namjoon almost wanted to shrink back from the younger's close proximity, scared to breathe out. jungkook raised his hand from the elder's chest, and instead put his index on his bottom lip.

"kiss?" he whispered, his voice so innocent and small. namjoon gulped gently, his stomach fluttering with anxiety. please let this be a dream, namjoon pleaded in his head. namjoon was conflicted, he could feel the seconds ticking past and he knew this was making things harder for the both of them.

"kiss.." namjoon wrapped his hand around jungkook's wrist, pulling it down gently.

"hm.." jungkook muttered, anxiety.

jungkook leaned in a bit, tilting his head softly. his lips hovered against namjoon's for a moment, them both exchanging breaths and they looked at each other. jungkook pushed their lips together softly, instantly molding against each other like putty. it was soft and sweet.

namjoon tasted like honey. jungkook tasted like cherries.

namjoon's warm hand found it's way to jungkook's torso, holding it securely so the younger didn't fall. the touch made jungkook's back arch, it was so foreign to him. this was all a new concept to him. jungkook leaned in more, causing namjoon to slowly lean back into the arm of the couch. jungkook hovered gently on top of him, placing a cold hand on namjoon's cheek to pull his head up slightly.

alarm bells were sounding off in namjoon's head. he didn't understand what was happening to him, but all the anxiety he had beforehand was gone. namjoon wasn't too keen of the idea, but for some reason, he couldn't find himself stopping. he thought this was going to be a simple peck, he didn't think he was gonna start his morning off making out with his roommate. i mean, it's not like he minded.

jungkook pulled away first to catch his breath. stars, galaxies, planets. he was basking in his own little universe. he felt as weightless as the stars, colorful, gleaming dust surrounding him in his most beautiful euphoria.

yet, tristful.

the two stared at each other in silence, breathing gently. calm. namjoon felt a innocent smile fall onto his face, putting his index to his bottom lip. "kiss?" jungkook giggled and rolled his eyes away, then looking back down at his elder with a soft grin. he grabbed namjoon's jaw and pulled it up harshly, connecting their lips in a harsher manner then before.

by 6, they were asleep on the couch, swearing they could kiss for hours. with bruised lips, flushed faces, and soft finger marks from pulling too harshly.

yet, the smaller's chest filled with emptiness.