Chapter 68

Chapter 68:- It's US forever.

You are lucky if you even have one true best friend in your life.

(Dialogue from The Kissing Booth.)

***************

Manik.

Making Nandini understand that Chachi will understand was one of the most difficult things to do! Not because explaining her was difficult but because I couldn't understand. Somewhere down the line I had a feeling that she's regretting our intimate moments.
Even though my heart believed that it's just her freaking out about her family and norms my brain somehow wanted to convince me that she is regretting the moments that we've spent together. It hurt me it really did. But I chose to ignore my brain as to me priority was to understand her and take care of her.

It was 2am in the morning when my phone started ringing. It was Dr. D'Souza. I wondered why he was calling me at this hour.

"Manik."

"Yes Doctor. Something wrong?"

"Manik I've found one your friend Mr. Abhimanyu in an accident. I've admitted him to the hospital, since I knew you're his friend I gave you a call. Come to my clinic ASAP." The doctor said and hung up.

Dr. D'Souza is our family doctor he knows me since I'm 6. He knows all of our family problems too. I was shocked by the news I heard. I informed everyone and sent the location on the group. I rushed to the hospital.

As soon as I reached hospital I met doctor. He said that Abhimanyu's condition is pretty serious. If he wouldn't have seen him on the way back home from his emergency there'd be lot less chances of him surviving. Doctor also said that there are chances of this accident being deliberate.

By 3am all of us were at the hospital. As soon as Mukti reached she barged inside the ICU as no one was allowed nurses asked her to leave. But she was reluctant, she didn't even sit for once.

She stood there looking through the glass door. She was a broken piece of soul right now. I had never seen Mukti so heartbroken not even when she had been cheated by Harshad. I could see it in her eyes how much she loved Abhimanyu and how much she was praying for him to wake up. It hurt me to see Mukti like this.

I looked around to see Nandini hung her head low. She wasn't speaking to anyone. She was sitting alone in a corner. I walked up to her and sat next to her.

"Hey. Are you all right?" I asked and she looked upto me. Her eyes were blood red. Tears trickled down her eyes and she hugged me tight.

"Shh... Nandu. Abhi is fine usse kuch nai hoga." I said and consoled her. I knew how close she was to Abhi. He was like an elder brother to her. She knew Abhi even before me. All of us outside the ICU were broken. I didn't tell anyone that this might be a deliberate accident. I had already put my sources to know who was behind this.

"Manik.. Did you.. Did you inform Abhi's parents?" Nandini asked in between her sobs.

"Yes. I did. Don't worry." I said and patted her head.
Abhi's parents were already on the way. I received a phone call from one of my helpers. I walked out of the room and picked it up.