The table was filled and bubbly, laughter issuing from it constantly. It was a huge contrast to Gerard's.
He didn't like that.

Suddenly a thought came to the twenty year old.

He took out the bland cheese sandwich from the flimsy plastic bag and uncapped his water bottle.

He drained the water into the bag and sealed it once it was full. A smile graced his lips as he tied the make shift water bag and looked up at the rebel, deep in an interesting conversation with his inmate buddies.

Gerard held the water bag, far above his head, and without a second thought: slung it with great force towards the older man.

The bag hit him in the face, bursting against his calloused skin, water running down from it and soaking his clothes.

The cafeteria went silent.

The only sound heard was the dripping of water and the obnoxious laughter coming from the redhead.

Another person was laughing with him. Frank plopped down next to the older boy, still wearing the same bloody, torn jeans and ripped blood stained Death Spells shirt that he always wore whenever he appeared.

Gerard was happy and relieved, now that Frank was here to see what he had just done. They would laugh about it for hours later.

All eyes went on Syn, still dripping wet. His jaw clenched and his eyes lowered on the redhead that was still lost in his own crazed laughter.

He arose, making a beeline towards the boy and shoved one calloused hand into his mane, dragging him up from the bench.

The latter stopped laughing, now wincing from the pain drawing out in his head. Syn tightened his grip on the younger man's hair as he brought his head down on the table: slamming his skull repeatedly against the wooden table.

Gerard's hearing became muffled as he called out to Frank for help. But the seventeen year old was nowhere to be found.

His struggle against the angered inmate was useless as he was subjected to more slamming and stilled once he felt something wet run down the side of his face and his vision went blank.
¥

"Gerard, I told you about getting into fights," came a familiar, soft voice.

The boy groaned on hearing the voice. He touched the gauze wrapped around his head and looked up at the woman, his eyes heavy from the heavy pain relievers.

"I did it to impress Frank," Gerard defended, laying back down on the stiff bed.

"Frank," the nurse said softly, casting a sad smile to the twenty year old. She was all too familiar with this ordeal to be taken aback.

She knew of Gerard's condition, but went along with it because she was different. She saw something different in the twenty year old...something she hadn't witnessed in the six months of her stay at Rolling Hills.

She was a young nineteen year old, new to the field of clinical psychology and dealing with patients struggling with themselves. Young but not naive. She was just understanding of everyone and everything.

She was the only person that Gerard trusted apart from Frank, and the former enjoyed the latter's quirks and rebellion that reminded her of her younger teenage years. The two got along quite well.

Someone walked in and sat down on the edge of the bed, Gerard felt the weight shift on the foam and he smiled.

"He's here now, isn't he?" The nurse asked and the man nodded.

Frank looked from the woman to Gerard, a mischievous smirk on his face.

"You really kicked some ass in the cafeteria, I'm proud of you Gee,"
Gerard smiled faintly, staring up from his position on the bed.