Another Hopeless Cause

Hey guys! I just want to proudly announce that this is the last chapter of this story. Thank you to everyone who followed me throughout this journey and made it to the end :) .
I may write an epilogue after this, depending on the feedback.
xoxoa.

I couldn't believe we were doing this, driving straight into this mess. Heading head first into danger. I knew, I just knew this wasn't going to be good. I was psychic yeah, but you didn't have to have a vision before you realize that you're putting your life on the line.

Frank's jaw was still clenched, he was still unruffled, eyes set straight on the road, tonging his lip ring as his brows furrowed then relaxed, then furrowed again.

Oh jeez,

"Y'know if you keep your face like that it's gonna be stuck like that forever," I joked, attempting to lighten up the mood.

It seemed to work because Frank's lips went up in a suppressed smile before giving into a small chuckle.

"Shut up, Gee," He smiled.
"It's true, that's what my mom always told Mikey and I when we were little and would frown all the time in order to look edgy," I recalled with a reminiscent smile.

Mikey, I missed him to pieces. It's been a week since I was kicked out and I didn't even bother to call him or mom to see how they were doing.
Worse son and brother of the year award goes to me.

"What's wrong?" Frank asked, his voice softening. He must've taken note of my sudden silence and change of countenance.

I breathed, "Nothing, just miss my family. Not him of course but the others,"
He dropped his head solemnly, biting his lip.

When he looked up; guilt was splattered all over it.
"Gee, I'm sorry I made you come all the way to New York, I know how much you must be missing them..." He trailed off, fiddling with the hem of his Death Spells shirt. A tactic he did whenever he was nervous or guilty.

"Frank," I breathed the syllable out slowly, allowing it to settle in the air. "This is what's been bothering you for years. You need, deserve justice for the death of your father and I will give you that," I said defiantly.

He nodded but still looked unsure.

"Frank, do you remember what I told you, all those months ago when you were just a new student and we were sitting together at lunch?" I said, putting a little pressure on the gas as I spoke.

He furrowed his brows and after a few seconds shook his head, hair falling into his face. I swiped the strands behind his ear with my free hand that wasn't on the steering wheel and he looked at me.

"I said, 'non preoccuparti, ti ho preso'," I pronounced slowly, letting the words roll out so that it can really sink in. So that I can really remember why I was doing all this. Why I have been risking so much, just for this.

"Can you tell me what that means, Frank?" I spoke determined. I knew he knew what the words were, but I wanted him to say it, to believe it.

His lips quivered slightly before they parted, "Do not worry, I..got you," he whispered the last bit, as if the realization was just setting in.

"Exactly," I breathed out, taking a right turn, into a somewhat deserted road.
"I got this, I got you, so just trust me, okay?" I said before I parked in order to properly look at him.

His eyes looked glistened and I just thought it to be a trick of the light.
"I trust you Gee," he said almost to himself, as if to convince himself.

"A-and, no matter what happens today, I love you," he said, his voice cracking on the last few words.

I leaned towards him and caught his lips inbetween mine. They felt soft and gentle and so was the kiss.