Pity Party

Thank you guys so much for 1k reads!!! It hasn't even been up to 2 months since I started and I already have this many readers, I'm shook.

PRESENT DAY

Today was supposed to be a good day, a special day infact. Today was supposed to be the day that one of the most important people in my life was turning a year older. Today, April 9th, was supposed to be Gerard's birthday.

But how did I prepare for it? Crying, yes, having one anxiety attack from another, check, visiting the hospital every fucking day, you got it. Being more obsessed with a guy that probably now regrets ever speaking to me, check.

  When Gerard entered that accident, it hit everybody. Pency Prep did a solemnity day for him, his parents sent the state's top investigators to work on the case: Yes, it was believed that this was indeed no accident; someone had sent someone to kill Gerard, but that didn't go into plan.

I was so angry. And well, me and anger don't mix well. My mental state has been making me be more of an asshole than I already was. I called it off with Jamia, indirectly blaming her for Gerard's state of health which made her burst into tears and earned me a heated slap on the face. Which I deserved.

  Mikey, poor kid, has been so damn sad since then, barely spoke to anyone, apart from Pete, he was always there to cheer him up, he was a good friend. Can't say the same for me and Gerard.

  It's been a week since Gee got admitted into the Belleville General Hospital. It's been a week since I had a proper good night's rest and it's also been a week since I had gone to school.

  "Frank, alzati, devi andare a scuola," My mother said, opening my door and leaning against it. I removed the covers from my face, after hours of fooling myself with sleep.

  She's been more easy on me since Gerard's accident. Which was kinda weird, I wasn't used to her being remotely nice to me. She reduced her yelling, out bursts and tirades but that her asshole boyfriend was still around, which I didn't appreciate.

I groaned, pulling the covers back over my head, "non voglio andare a scuola,"

  She sighed before coming over and sitting down on the bed. I felt the weight shift on the bed, I knew that she was there, but I didn't say anything.

  "Frank, you can't keep missing school. I understand that you're friend got in an accident but you can't keep sacrificing your education over some guy,"

I flung the covers away and sat up quickly, my throat burning. I glared at her as she stared back at me in shock, "That 'some guy', that's in the hospital, fighting for his life, is there because of me. He sacrificed so much for my happiness, more than you nor your creepy ass boyfriend ever did and I let him down," I choked, feeling the first tear slip out.

She was stunned and I got up and left her there, to really think about her life choices, as I grudgingly got ready for school. Anything to get away from this nightmare house.

I was going to make this day special for him, no matter what.
              ¥¥¥

"Hey man," Dallon said, sitting down next to me in the library. "Are you studying or something?" He asked and I laughed without the lustre of a normal laugh.

"When have you ever seen me studying?"
"Good point," He agreed and I actually laughed for once.

"How have you been holding up?" He asked and I looked at him. Dallon has been a lot nicer to me ever since then and I didn't mind for once. Jamia was still mad at me, Ray and Pete were pissed off at me for being so snappy and rude to them and my only other friend was in the hospita. So, yeah it felt a little nice having someone around. We weren't friends par say, we were more like tolerate strangers.