A Death Wish

Frank's P.O.V

Trust is something that I take very seriously. It isn't something I would play with. It's not something to mess with and it's definitely not something I grant everybody.
Granted, I've broken people's promises and feelings before---I'll admit that I'm an asshole. But that doesn't make having trust any less important.
So when I saw how much he defends me and sticks by my side no matter how much shit I throw at him. That made me to almost trust him.
Almost.
Not the kind of trust that I'd put my life in his hands nor tell him the dark secrets of my mind, neither was it enough to tell him the truth of why I left New York. No one could know what I did. Nor what I will do. But I wouldn't doubt him finding out eventually. He was smart, he was observant and he seemed to just know things.
The thought was terrifying to say the least. I had to be careful with my words with him. I didn't want him to be sucked into this kind of life. It wasn't worth it. I wasn't worth it.
"You know, if you're going to space out and ignore what I'm saying then at least fix your face properly," Jamia said, pulling me out of my haze.
I almost forgot that Jamia invited me to study with her and Ray. We spent the last couple of days rehearsing for the music performance that was due on Friday. Two days from now. I had to admit that I was nervous--- The venue was the cafeteria, because it was large and had a stage and it was very convenient. And according to our music teacher; this would'prepare us for the real thing'.
To make matters worse the whole school was going to be there---Gerard included. And did I mention that it was 30% of our grade? Yeah, so the whole thing felt nerve-wrecking to say the least.
"Sorry, just a lot on my mind." I admitted. "Is it about the music performance on Friday?" Jamia asked, concerned. Oh Christ, now I felt like a pussy. If Jamia wasn't afraid and she's younger than me and doing bass--then why was I so damn nervous?
It's not like anything bad could happen that day.

"It's okay to be a bit nervous,Frank," Ray said, giving me a knowing look."You're human, it's okay to show emotions."
"Pfft, I'm not. I'm too punk rock for feelings." I boasted before realising the cringey words that had come out of my mouth.

Jamia rolled her eyes, as if used to it by now. Ray started laughing, and once again the librarian told us to shut up.
I turned to the librarian and smirked.
"Sorry babe, we'll keep quiet, we promise." I winked just then and the middle aged woman gasped in utter shock and the look on her face was just rewarding.
"Rebel," Ray laughed. Jamia just pinched her nose in feigned annoyance."You're going to get yourself killed one day."
"Trust me,Jamia--I know."
I really did. Hopefully that day wasn't too soon.

The day went by pretty quickly. I guess the more anxious you are about something, the more time seemed to run.
But of course, it wasn't fast enough for me to avoid Brendon. I knew his forehead anywhere. It stood out, obnoxious. Very conspicuous. I just knew he was up to something. And of course it was when nobody was around to see the 'star pupil' be a bully.
"Yo! Lero," He called out to me and I reluctantly turned around. There was no point in running. I wasn't even going to fight him back, I'll just leave it to Gerard to take care of him. The best way he could.
He marched up to me and I backed up until my back hit the wall. He came up to me, invading my personal space. I tried to keep calm and maintain my poker face but the way he pressed into me made me very uncomfortable.
His face was stuck in a sickly calm look. He seemed so stable despite the situation which frightened me the more.
"Can't wait for the show on Friday," He said with a smile. A sick feeling crawled up my insides and I felt like vomiting.

After that, he just let me go. Backed away then left. Leaving me utterly confused and more conscious about everything.
What did he mean by that?
I had no idea. I was forced to stay in the unknown until whatever he was planning happened.
And that was the scariest shit ever.

"I haven't seen you all day," I said to a very quiet Gerard. If I knew anything about Gerard in the short couple of weeks that I knew him-- I knew that he wasn't the quiet type. Something must be on his mind. Something serious.
"What's wrong?" I asked, leaning on the lockers. He just came out of chemistry class and he looked like utter shit. Well,,it was chemistry after all so I guess it was normal for one to look like shit after experiencing the one hour hell. But this was Gerard we were talking about, he gets As in every subject so I knew that that wasn't what was making him fret.
He looked at me for a moment; as if contemplating something. He sighed and looked down, his jet black hair falling in his face.
He looked back up and tucked a few dark strands behind his ear in a feminine way.
Gerard never acted feminine, so it honestly bothered me.
"Just...don't worry about it. It's nothing."
"Bullshit." I said, taking him aback. He looked down at me,surprised.
"Something is obviously bothering you. You can tell me." My tone went down a notch. I wasn't just going to just stand here and watch an obviously good person crumble.
I've done it before and I regretted it. I wasn't going to do it again.