As Days Fade

Screaming.
I heard screaming. Piercing, blood curdling screams that seemed to make my heart thud and my ears bleed.

Everywhere was pitch dark but I knew exactly where I was. Gun shots went off again and once again the pitiful screams ring in my ears as I felt myself bolt towards the body that had fallen to the ground.

My breathing is labored as I crawl on the hard, cold cement until I reach the body, the one that laid lifelessly on the ground.

His eyes fluttered shut in sweet, endless sleep as I realised that the piercing screams were coming from my throat and I woke up still screaming.

"Gee, what's wrong?" I heard Frank ask softly as he switches on the bedside lamp.

I'm drenched in a cold sweat and I look around frantically, making sure that I was awake and not trapped in that dreadful vision.

Tears well up in my eyes as I throw myself at Frank and I wrap my arms around him tightly, fearing he'd disappear and I'd wake up.

"It's just a dream, Gee," he sighed before I loosen my grip on him and slowly lay back down.

I checked the time on the night stand: 6:15am.

I sighed and closed my eyes, not even thinking of sleeping again but entertaining the idea as I kept my eyes shut for a few long moments, relaxing.

These visions, were getting more worse and more frequent. I thought warily to myself as I felt the first rays of the sun hit my eyelids.

Frank was the first to get up; stretching as he shuffled out of the room and I follow shortly after.

Bob and Kaitlin already notified me that they were going to be out all day, visiting Kaitlin's sick sister Alicia.

"So what do you have planned for today, Gee?" Frank asked as he took a sip of his coffee. I looked up from my own cup and studied the boy sitting across from me on the table.

"Happy you asked," I began, taking another sip of the bitter sweet caffeine.

He rose a brow at me questionably and I continue.

"We're going to meet your Father's killers today," I said, still studying him closely. His forehead creases and a look of confusion is evident on his features.

"What?"
"I mean, that's why you came with me to New York, right?"
Frank's features soften as he looks at me. "No, I followed you to be a supportive boyfriend," he replied and I place my mug down to look at him. My heart melted at his words but I only nodded.

"Exactly, you're so supportive of me...it's only fair I'd do the same and give you justice," I reasoned and he nodded, his eyes trusting.

"But how do you know whe---" he stopped before letting out an 'Oh,' and we both laughed, only his sounded more nervous.

"Look Frank, I know how much you loved your dad. I love you and I just want to make you happy," I said wistfully and Frank shot me a grateful smile.

"I am happy," he insists but I shake my head. "I want to make you more happy," I said in a half whisper.

He smiled, getting up and pressing a soft kiss to my lips before slowly moving away.

" Let's get dressed," I told him coyly as I ran my tongue across my bottom lip. He complied and after half an hour we were both dressed in jeans, dark hoodies and vans.
¥¥¥

Frank was silent throughout the whole car ride which was understandable. I was also nervous for a number of reasons but I didn't allow it to show on the surface.