Encourage Your Smile

Artwork by YuliaVanity on DeviantArt.

I was really pissed with Gerard. I mean, what gave him the right to do that? What was he thinking, coming to my house and asking for me like I was his damn property? I thought he didn't want to waste any of his time with a 'loser' like me.

"Your boyfriend dropped this for you," Tom, my mom's creepy ass boyfriend said, pointing to the large package sitting near the door.

"He's not my fucking boyfriend, Tom-ass," I replied, not taking my eyes off the package. How did he even know where I lived? He's never been to my house before.

I felt a pair of hands on my shoulder and I jumped, turning around. "Don't fucking touch me," I warned and he backed off. A sly grin stuck on his face. "Okay, I won't." He said, turning away and disappearing up the stairs.

I directed my gaze back to the package. I had mixed feelings about this whole thing. I knew Gerard knew that I was mad at him and I knew that he had money but that made me even more pissed thinking that he could buy my forgiveness.

He hasn't even apologised yet.

I took the box from the floor. It wasn't so heavy and I couldn't hear anything when I shook it, the contents just slid up and down.

I went upstairs to my room with the package gingerly in my hands. I didn't want to open it but at the same time I wanted to see what it was just to smash it over Gerard's head.

I wasn't in the best state of mind to open it so i left it on my dresser and flopped on my bed. I pulled out my phone and switched it on, just to see some notifications.

3 messages from Jamia and 1 missed call from Gerard. I didn't even know he had my number, I guess he asked Dallon or Ray for it which was kinda creepy but I didn't think much of it, it wasn't like I was going to call him back or anything.

So instead, I read Jamia's messages which were just requests to go see the new Annabelle Creation movie. I didn't fancy scary movies to be honest, I was more into super hero flicks from Marvel. And I honestly preferred an action packed super hero movie to an 80 minute film about blood and gore.

By it was Jamia and I really liked talking to her, she made me feel better and I liked her in general. Although we've only known each other for about a month.

I groaned into the pillow. I was such a hopeless romantic. To think of such a girl in the slightest of terms was quite ridiculous. I probably wasn't even her type.

I pushed all that aside and replied to her message: Telling her that I'd love to go to the movies with her today. It was Saturday morning and I really didn't have anything better to do.

I decided to open the package when I got back. There wasn't any rush anyways. It was just a 'payment' for my forgiveness. Nothing too serious.

So with that I freshened up and came over to my vanity table to apply a bit of sephora eyeliner before smudging it professionally. Something my ex taught me. At least something positive came out of that.

I teased up my long dark hair, contemplating on getting a new hair style. Maybe something punk. Hell, I didn't know.

"I'm going out, ma." I called out to her as I yanked the door open before closing it behind me.
Little did I know I'd regret it later.

"Don't go in there, no you fricken kid, the bedsheet isn't lifting itself!" Jamia yelled at the little girl in the screen. She was so into this scary movie while I was focusing on something more...interesting.

Jamia. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She wore a maroon body hugged V-neck dress and I was silently enjoying the view. Call me what you want, if I see something good; I will appreciate it.