Oneshot [1]

This is the story were Sasusaku became lovers from BFFs. This idea popped into my mind after I heard this song. Sorry for the one-shot being lame

Do you remember when I said I'd always be there?
Ever since we were ten, baby
When we were out on the playground playing pretend
I didn't know it back then

Our parents were good friends and so we met. The next day I saw you getting bullied by the kids around and then I helped you by defending you from those who bullied you.

"Why did you help me?" You asked me this question and at the time I was at loss for an answer because saving you was my reflexive reaction and I myself didn't know the answer to why I saved.

So, I simply shrugged and said, "I'm an Uchiha, and Uchiha's never back down."

Who would've thought such simple words could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship between us?

Now I realize you were the only one
It's never too late to show it
Grow old together
Have feelings we had before
Back when we were so innocent

We got closer to each other as time passed and then I realised you were the sweetest thing that has ever happened to me.

You were bullied because of your pink hair and you said that you hated your hair colour but to me your hair was beautiful, it not only resembled the cherry blossom tree but it also made you unique.

You hated your huge forehead so you did it. But did I ever tell you that your forehead was a good thing? That then in future I could kiss your forehead just like father did to mother?

I pray for all your love
Girl our love is so unreal
I just wanna reach and touch you, squeeze you
Somebody pinch me (I must be dreamin')

Soon, we became twelve years old. We were still the best friends that used to chase each other for food. You grew more confident with your looks. You didn't hide your forehead with your pink hair anymore.

You wore the ribbon with the Uchiha symbol on it. You wrapped it around your hair with bangs framing either side of your head. You... looked very cute.

This is something like a movie
And I don't know how it ends girl
But I fell in love with my best friend

In school, we met many others. Ino became one of your closed friends. At one point I thought you would replace me with her because you both were friends but you didn't.

You told me that the position of your best friend would forever belong to me. But what if I wanted to be something more to you? Something which surpassed the role of even a best friend?

Through all the dudes that came by
And all the nights that you cried
Girl, I was there right by your side

Middle school passed like a flow of water and together we met many new friends like Kiba, Shino, Hinata, Tenten, Neji, Shikamaru and Chouji.

And now at the end of middle school, I asked my mother about my feelings for you and she said I loved you. I really couldn't believe I did the most cliche thing which usually happened in fairytales.

How could I tell you I loved you
When you were so happy
With some other guy?

As years passed by my love for you grew stronger than ever. But you remained oblivious to my feelings for it, and I never confessed in fear of being rejected, in fear of destroying everything between us.

Now I realize you were the only one
It's never too late to show it
Grow old together
Have feelings we had before
When we were so innocent