Oneshot [22]

💔Distance💔

Sakura Haruno and Sasuke Uchiha, these two have been friends for a long time. They grew up together, have been through a lot together. You could even call them childhood sweethearts.

They got into a relationship together. Sasuke's parents were dead while his older brother was the one who took care of him and raised him. sakura was an orphan who was adopted by Tsunade Senju, who was renowned as the best surgeon.

Sakura and Sasuke got together in the last year of middle school and even went to high school together. However, as soon as high school ended that's when things went astray. Sasuke got a scholarship from the best university in another country due to which he had to travel from Japan to another country.

"Sasuke-" Sakura called her boyfriend Sasuke on the phone only to get cut off by the ravenette who was on the other side of the world.

"Sakura," The green-eyed female heard her boyfriend Sasuke sigh on the phone, "I'm busy, I'll call you later."

"But Sasuk-" But before she could even complete what she was saying the call was hung by Sasuke. He said that he would call later but he never did. This was the fifth time he had hung up on her, he never messaged her, never talked to her.

Sakura was frustrated, having someone you love away from you was hard. Maintaining their long-distance relationship took too much effort and sometimes she felt that Sasuke did not love her anymore.

He wasn't making any effort in their relationship, at the starting of the relationship he was a gentleman, bringing her gifts, flowers and taking her on dates. But soon the dates were cancelled, the gifts weren't bought anymore while the flowers wilted... just like their relationship.

She wondered did he still felt the same about her, did he not love her anymore?

That's what she was afraid of, she was afraid to ask him that question but more than so she was afraid of his answer. Would he even answer or would he avoid it, maybe he would just get angry at her for asking that question.

Insecurities filled her mind, maybe she wasn't good enough, maybe he found someone another or maybe he got bored of her.

These 'maybe's' made her overthink, think about the things she shouldn't. Her mind had various scenes replaying in her mind, Sasuke's smile, his laugh, his smirk, his softened eyes, his everything, him.

Her thoughts were completely filled with him then a whimper left her lips when she realized how much she missed him but he didn't seem to make time for her. Maybe this long-distance relationship thing won't work out for them, especially when he wouldn't even make an effort into their relationship.

Finally, she decided it was over, they were probably weren't meant to be together, not in this life at least.

She sat up from her bed, wiping the tears which left her eyes, she walked up to the bathroom sink and washed her face. She had finally decided to call it over and now she would try to move on as quickly.

Quickly grabbing her phone which left on the table she dialled up her friend's number, "Hey, Ino." After talking to Ino, she felt free her frustrations were finally released, she always wanted to talk about them to Sasuke but he was never free.

He was always busy. busy busy busy busy busy busy. Never making time for her, was he so busy that he couldn't even give her a call or even a small message?

She tired, tired of pretending that she was happy with their relationship, she was tired of Sasuke.

Maybe he really didn't want to be in a relationship with her but he didn't want to break it off with her, or...

Stop! That was going to work, Sakura had no time to think about what he felt like, had no time to think from his perspective. No, it's not like she had no time, it's more of that she didn't want to think from his perspective because he never thought from her perspective.

It was over. Truly over for her... for them.

Because.....

The scariest thing about distance is you don't know if they'll miss you or forget about you.