Chapter 2

Annie's POV

A few weeks later social sevices came knocking on my door. They wanted to take me into care but that was not going to happen. I was only 13 and had no one to look after me but there was no way i was going into care! I slammed the door in their faces but i knew it was only a matter of time before they got the police and dragged me out. Screaming. Straight away I ran to my room. Yet as soon as i entered the doorway I ran straight out again. There was someone in there. A man, and he was holding something. A gun? A knife? Maybe it was the guy who killed my mum! I was about to run to the phone when he grabbed my arm and pulled me back into my room. He calmed me down and sat me on my bed. He was only holding a walkie talkie. But why? He sounded very familiar and i felt as if I could trust him. Like I'd known him since i was born.
He spoke into his radio and a voice answered. They spoke quickly before the man turned to me and said:
“The car is here love, come 'ed.” This strange but friendly man showed me to his friend's car and I climbed in. The man took off a disguise and so did the other three. Then I realised. The Beatles. Paul McCartney had come into my house. I was wondering where they were taking me so i decided it would be best to ask.
"All in good time Love just hold on till we get to my place." He answered. I nodded and stayed quiet for the rest of the trip.
 “When mam and dad split up I went with dad and wasn’t allowed to see you. When I saw mam die I was so worried about you. So I decided to offer to take care of you. The carers didn’t like it which is why they were there today. I still have a key to the back door so i used it to sneak in and get into your room without social seeing.” He explained.  “And i wanted to say i'm sorry about your mam and that she was an amazing person to sacrifice herself to save me. Also if you want someone to talk to about it then i will always be prepared to listen to you no questions asked.”said john, he was actually showing emotion for the first time. I was shocked at what Paul had said but i was still so confused.
"I'm your brother Annie, you are going to be living with me and the lads now. Which means i can take care of you properly and be a much better brother than before."  Paul said. I couldn't believe what i had been told. I ran past John and Paul and ran down the stairs. I quickly ran through the open door just after George had come through before Ringo. 
After that i just kept on running. I could hear the distant voices of Paul, John, Ringo and George but i kept running and running. After a while i slowed down but as i heard footsteps coming closer i stepped into an alleyway. I heard the footsteps die down but just as i was about to step out of the alley a hand was clasped over my mouth and i was dragged farther into the dark of the alley way. I was slammed against the wall as my hands were held tightly above my head and the man infront of me began to say things but the only thing that stood out to me was:
"be a good little girl and stay still and dont scream and it will all be over alot quicker." I screamed as loudly as i could for Paul as the man put his grotty hands up my dress before he slapped me hard across the face with his other hand. Tears fell down my cheeks as the burning pain lingered on my cheek. 
"PAUL PLEASE HELP ME!!" I screamed louder than before before the man hit me even harder in the same place. He was about to get under my pants just as someone ran to my rescue. He hit the guy and he fell to the ground as the man kept kicking him. 
"Annie, its ok, did he hurt you?" a voice asked. I just kept sobbing at the memory of what had just happened. "Come on its ok, lets get you home." 
He held his hand out to me and thats when i realised it was Paul who had saved me. I quickly jumped up and hugged him as tight as i could with the pain running through my arms and legs. 
"Hey, its ok." he said hugging me back and picking me up bridal style. "Come on Love. I'm so sorry I upset you earlier." He began walking back the way i had come, carrying me as i cried into his chest.
"I'm sorry for running away from you. I was just shocked." i said whimpering slightly.
"It's ok Bella, it doesnt matter as long as you're safe. John was lost without you." He said laughing at the last part.