chapter 21

Paul's PoV
I held her in a tight embrace until I heard her yawn. she was tired. I let go of her fragile body and set her back down on the white crisp hospital sheets. she weakly smiled at me before closing her eyes and falling into a deep slumber.
bellas PoV
I fell asleep soon enough. I was so tired. I started to dream. Dream about Paul. about mum. about dad. he started hurting me. I squirmed and screamed.
ringos PoV
Paul and George had gone to the cafeteria. and John was here with me. we were watching over Bella. she was asleep. she looked so peaceful, lying there. pale skin. flushed cheeks. that was until she started to squirm and scream. what was happening?
"dad! s-stop!" she cried out.
it was simple.

a nightmare

johns PoV
ringo and I watched as Bella squirmed in her sheets, getting tangled in a sweaty mess. I stood, thinking. what do I do?
I had to get Paul. that's what I had to do.
"ringo, try waking her up. Shake her by the shoulders. sing. I don't know. just try ok? I'm gonna get paul." I say walking towards the door. he gives me a short sharp nod and I leave the room.
Paul's PoV
George and I were sat I the cafeteria eating when a flustered John came running to us.
"paul," he started. "she needs you. she's having a nightmare. her dad."
that was all he had to say. I was off. I ran to her room, amazed by what I saw.
bellas PoV
ringo had managed to wake me up. I admit I was slightly scared of ringo still but I knew that he would protect me. especially from my dad. as he woke me up he breathed a sigh of relief. he grabbed me hand and started to speak. "shh. it's okay. it's okay. it was a dream. a nightmare. you're okay. Paul's coming."
I sat there for a minute, tears rolling down my cheeks before I realised. I needed him. I needed him not as a boyfriend but as a friend. a protecter. a shoulder to cry on.
"r-ringo..." I spluttered. he nodded eagerly. "I forgive you. for everything. because I need you. not as a boyfriend but as a friend. a shoulder to cry on. a protector." I smiled weakly and moved to the right side of the bed before he lay next to me. he smiled.
"and I'll always be here." he said with his bright blue eye shining.
I lay my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat. my breathing evened out and soon enough I found myself asleep. yet again.