Chapter 20 I Was Her Strength

Start from the beginning

"H-Hiccup..."

"Why?! Why didn't you tell me?!" He turned to me, raising his voice a little higher.

"What you said that night, it wasn't the right time to have a baby" I reply quietly.

"But that doesn't mean you can keep a secret like that from me! Your husband!" He says jabbing his finger at himself.

"Hiccup I'm sorry" I said.

"And your what?! A month and a half pregnant?! You kept this from me for a month and a half?! I-I can't believe you!"

"It wasn't easy for me Hiccup! And besides, when could I have told you?! You're always on your 'duties'. You never have time for me anymore!" I say, standing up to him.

"Astrid, I'm going to be chief soon! I have a whole village to protect soon! You're not the only one who I need to protect!" He says becoming slightly red.

"I know Hiccup, but I'm your wife! You should at least ask me how I'm doing or say hi or goodbye. Good morning or goodnight! Or I love you. I don't hear those anymore" I say.

"You know I'm packed everyday Astrid, that's why as my wife, you have to understand!" He gestures.

"But as my husband, you'll have to understand me too! Sometimes I just think that what if you weren't going to be chief? You'd have more time for me right? You'd spend the whole day with me?"

"Astrid you can't be seriously talking about this right now" He groans.

"I am!" I reply.

"Look, I have to get back to dad, he's waiting for me. I'll meet you later at home" He sighs heavily before leaving me in the room.

I break down in tears and look down at my stomach, rubbing it gently.

Don't worry baby, your father's just stressed about some few things right now. I promise he loves you, he really does. I love you too, always remember that.

~•~•~•~

H I C C U P

Damn it, I shouldn't have flipped out on her like that. She's pregnant for Thor's sakes! I slap my forehead and instantly had the urge to punch something, so I punched the house beside Gothi's.

I'm just as stressed as she is honestly. I try my best to wake up to her beautiful smile everyday, but dad just comes and pulls me away. And he keeps me really late up at night and I fly home as fast as I can, only to see my sleeping beauty, fast asleep like I had seen her in the morning before I left.

I just wish that dad would give me a day off. I know he's eager and excited to have me as chief, to carry on the Haddock's priorities as chief. But he also has to know that I have a wife to go hime to everyday. She needs me as much as I need her.

I love her so much, that I can't spend another day not being able to tale my sweet time with her. I married her so I could be with her forever, and always. And that's exactly what I'm going to do, for her and the baby.

Gosh, our baby. Our first baby. I'm so happy, I'm going to be the father, of Astrid's baby. My baby. Our blessing.

Don't worry baby, I will love you always, and I'll protect you at all times.

I'm talking to dad, this has gone too far.

~•~•~•~

A S T R I D

I stared at the axe I held in my hand. It felt heavier the last time I remembered. I stared at the tree and raised my axe up. I threw the axe but it just ended up a few feet away from me, and also made my body hurt. I sigh and knelt on the ground. I'm so useless now.

Hiccup is mad at me. What's gonna happen now?

I cried again for the second time today. Stormfly suddenly appeared from the sky and licked my face, before cuddling beside me. I leaned on her back and sighed.

"Puurrr" She says as I scratched her belly.

"Hey, wanna go for a flight?" I ask and she perched her head up instantly. I kinda felt bad too, we haven't went flying for a long time. The past month I felt like I was being chained down to the ground. One fly won't hurt, right?

~•~•~•~

H I C C U P

I stared at dad, who was processing everything I just told him. About everything, about Astrid, the baby. I said to him that I'll be putting the chief duties to hold. Astrid and the baby are my number one on the list, always.

"I understand son" He says before standing up and going to his desk at the corner of his room. He fumbled around before finally walking to me and giving me a piece of paper.

But I looked closely to see it was a drawing of me. At the bottom was written..

My Strength.

I was in awe. Who drew this?

"Astrid gave it the day we suddenly lost you. She told me to give it to you if ever you came back and she didn't, then she set off looking for you" He says.

I stared at it.

My Astrid.

My beautiful Astrid. A tear escaped my cheek and dropped on the paper, landing just on the word Strength.

I was her strength, she was mine. And now that I messed it all up....

Ugh. I what have I done?!

I'm a failure as a husband. I told her I'd never hurt her, but look what I just did. I did the last thing I'd ever want to do to her, in fact, that's something I never want to do at all.

I have to fix this, I have to fix this mess.

I stood up and barged out of the house.

I'm sorry Astrid, I love you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<•>

BA DOOM POW! THERE GOES THE SECRET :3

💋💋💋💋💋💋💋