Chapter 17 Home Sweet Home

A S T R I D

My eyes fluttered open to the sunlight shining brightly through the window.

I turned away to hug Hiccup but he wasn't on the bed anymore. I got up and looked around but there was no sign of him. Instead, I just heard some rustling downstairs so I jumped up and stretched. I walked to the door but froze.

Wait I'm naked.

I went back and wore the shirt Hiccup wore underneath his tux yesterday. It ended just at my thighs and I pushed back my hair. I went downstairs quietly to see my husband, cooking something, with his back faced at me. I smiled wide.

I tiptoed downstairs and crept up behind him. I bit my lip as I noticed he wasn't wearing a shirt, only trousers. I hugged his waist and I felt him flinch a bit.

"Is this by any chance the most beautiful girl in the world hugging me?" He asks.

"Define beautiful" I smiled leaning my forehead on his back before kissing it softly.

"Astrid Hofferson" He answers before turning around and hugging me around the waist and kissing me passionately.

I kissed back and breathed in the scent of the meal he was cooking.

"Mmmmmm" I breathed in after pulling away.

"Breakfast" He says.

"Wow, didn't know you cooked" I said smiling.

"Well, I forced mom to teach me how to cook for when we are officially husband and wife" He blushes and scratches the back of his neck.

"You're so sweet" I tiptoe and kiss his cheek. I walked to the dining table and sat down, admiring him from there.

Hiccup had his back once again to me while he was focused on the cooking. I noticed scratches on his back. Must be from yesterday.

Woops.

But either than that, I studied the way his shoulders flexed and moved. I bit my lip and looked away blushing. I stood up before walking to the window and looking out to have a perfect view of the waterfall and some bluebirds flying around.

"Hmmm hmm" Hiccup hummed and I smiled wide. If this is what it'll be like for the rest of my life, I'd want to live forever.

"Time to eat" Hiccup says and I turn around to bee greeted by the beautiful sight of eggs and bread, with some chicken legs.

Chicken legs in the morning, ahh this is the life.

I smiled and licked my lips before siting down and eating with Hiccup across me.

~•~•~•~

"It's amazing!" Hiccup says as he surfaced from the water just a few meters away from where the waterfall splashed.

"I think I'll just hang back" I smirked as I sat on the grass.

"Boo you're no fun" He pouts swimming towards me. He reaches out to grab my legs and pulled me in and before I knew it, he was giving me an underwater kiss. I snaked my arms around his neck and pulled him really close. I felt him smile and we surfaced.

"My first underwater kiss" I smile.

"My second" He replies.

"WHAT?!"

"Calm down. My first was with Toothless, he thought it was funny to push me underwater" He replies.

I sighed in relief.

"I've never had a girl I loved so much in my entire life" He says brushing my hair out of my face.

"Your mom?" I smirked.

"The 2nd girl I loved so much my entire life" He rolls his eyes.

I giggled and kissed his cheek.

"You're the only one I love so much in my entire life" I say and hugged him.

He hugged back tightly.

"No matter what happens, we will always belong to each other" He says raising my hand up in his, looking at the golden rings on our fingers. I smiled.

Yes Hiccup, no matter what.

~•~•~•~

It has been a week and we are now heading back to Berk. Our honeymoon was awesome. I would do anything to have our honeymoon everyday. It was so, nice.

But my husband was going to be chief after all, so he can't stay away forever.

We were greeted with the whole village waiting for us at the shores of Berk. They all cheered once they saw us. We waved and landed on the shore only to be tackled by the gang. Human mountain.

"Gah-you-I can't feel my legs" I said. Then we saw Gobber run towards us.

"Gobber no!" I say but it was too late, had already jumped and landed on top and I groaned with Hiccup.

"Geronimo!" Stoick says next running.

"DAD IF YOU DO THIS I SWEAR" Hiccup says but his father didn't listen but just jumped anway. I sighed.

"Tuffnut your hand is on my butt!" I growl.

"Sorry that was me" Snotlout says.

"Get off!" Hiccup says and everybody rolled away with the townspeople laughing.

"Well how was your honeymoon?" Valka asks helping me and Astrid up.

We blushed and I bit my lip.

"I bet they did something more than kissing" Snotlout smirks.

I slapped his shoulder.

"Keep it PG!" I hiss.

"Still the violent eh?" He replies rubbing his shoulder.

"I've been gone for a week, not a decade" I rolled my eyes.

"What's a decade?" Ruff asks.

"It's 100 years dumb butt" Tuff replies.

"Ugh that's a century" Fishlegs face palmed.

"Don't act like you know everything!" Tuff growls.

"I don't, I just know more than you" Fishlegs laughs.

"What's that supposed to mean?!" Tuff gets up on Fishleg's face.

"Guys just shut up" I say grabbing their two heads and bumping them on each other.

"Alright let's bring this welcome home celebration--"

"TO THE GREAT HALL" Hiccup interrupted his father and even nailed the accent.

We all laughed out loud except Stoick.

"I don't talk like that, lad" Stoick mumbles.

"Aw don't be a sour puss, like father like son" Valka says as she leads everybody and Stoick to the direction of the great hall.

Hiccup swooped his arm around my waist pulling me close.

"It's good to be home" He whispers and kissed my forehead before we followed the crowd.

Home sweet home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<•>

What to do next? Think think think.

Hmmmmmmm.

Help?

💋💋💋💋💋💋