Chapter 20 I Was Her Strength

Before I start the story, I'd like to give a massive thank you to HiccupHTTYD for posting a sweet message on my Message Board :')

Don't worry guys, I thank all of you too. I love you guys so much for everything. And this book already has 10K reads, how amazing! I seriously can't do this without you guys, so I'm happy that you take time to read my stories.

Let's be together forever! Lol.

Creepy mode.

So with all that being said, let's move on to Chapter 20!

💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋

A S T R I D

A few days have passed and I have been planning to tell Hiccup actually. I decided that if he doesn't support me, then I'll take care of the baby myself. But I really hope that does NOT happen, ever.

But there's one problem, Hiccup is almost never home. He wakes up, makes me breakfast and leaves way before I wake up. And then he goes home when I'm already fast asleep. I see him during the day too but he's always with either Stoick or Gobber. We never have time with each other anymore.

And as for the others, I'm really thankful they didn't tell Hiccup at all.

I have to tell Hiccup. He's going to get mad at me, and I'll make things worse if I don't. I sigh and place my head in my hands. I ignored the usual daily headaches I got. I really got used to the occasional pains and headaches. Gothi said not to be stressed too much. But I can't help it...

My husband doesn't know that he's going to be a father.

"Hang in there Astrid" Fishlegs say as he patted my bag.

"I'm trying" I reply.

"You'll have to tell him sooner or later. Or he will wonder why you're getting fat. Although you can tell him you've been eating lots of chicken" Tuff says.

"That's stupid" Snotlout rolls his eyes.

"Well think of a better idea then!" Tuff snarls at Snotlout.

"I-uh-she..-"

"That's what I thought" Tuffnut crossed his arms.

"Hiccup's never at home anymore" I sigh. I know he's too busy with the preparations for being chief, but I just miss our little private moments. Our sweet kisses, our stupid conversations, our gentle touches. It's unbearingly (that a word? Lol) painful. And the problem of not having told him about the baby, isn't making the whole situation easier.

I sighed and started getting frustrated all of a sudden. I clenched my fists. I've had enough of this pain. I've had enough of Hiccup not even being able to touch me anymore, us not being able to take our sweet precious time as husband and wife.

"Astrid woah, calm down" Ruff says rubbing my back.

"I just... I WANT IT TO STOP" I yell in my hands. I didn't realize that I was already crying.

Wow, I'm probably overreacting but I guess that's what pregnancy does to you. It over exaggerates the situations in life, even if it isn't a big deal.

I started getting major headaches and pains in my head.

"Astrid, you're so red" Fishlegs say trying to calm me down. But no matter how, I couldn't.

My vision started to get blurry and lost strength to only fall backwards, and Ruff caught me. I was engulfed by total darkness before I even got to Gothi's.

~•~•~•~

I woke to the familiar place of Gothi's. I rubbed my eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I hear a voice and I flinch, I turned to see Hiccup standing looking out the window.