Chapter 29 - Torture. part 1

It was dark; it was pitch black and cold that Ella was shivering violently. She was scared- she had to admit that. She was so afraid that she wanted to cry. She had curled into a ball with her head resting on her knee and her hands rubbing at her legs to try and get warm. Her breathing was heavy and her heart was hammering in her chest. The ground was so cold and she couldn’t stand up because she felt so weak, she was dizzy and she couldn’t even open her eyes fully.

“Hello?!” she called out desperately but her voice was weak and barely above a whisper. Her throat was dry and she felt like there was a lump in her throat that she couldn’t push down.

“Anyone here?” she called out again her voice slightly louder that time. And a few minutes later she heard it, the sound of a door being slammed open followed by the sound of angry footsteps.

“Edward?!” she called out hoping that he was the one coming her way, hoping he had found her and will save her and take care of her.

And after the growl she heard she knew it was most definitely not Edward.

“Who is there?” she called out and shrunk back against the wall when she heard the door to the room she was in push open.  

“It is me.” The voice she became so familiar said and she felt herself start to shake as she tried to move back and away from him as much as possible.

“Oh, come on love! I am not that bad.” Johnathan teased as he flipped the light switch so the room was then lit dimly by a light bulb hanging from the ceiling of the room.

The room had no windows and it was dusty, the only furniture in the room was a small bed that was pushed against one wall.

Johnathan’s nose was still bleeding as he stepped into the room and closed and locked the door behind him. The bruise on his cheek seemed to be getting worse and Ella could see cuts and bruises covering the length of his arms. He had a slight limp and he looked like he was in pain.

“Where am I?” Ella asked quietly as she wrapped her arms around herself as if it was a shield.

“A place that changed mine and everyone in the kingdom life hundreds of years ago.” Johnathan replied as he stepped forward towards a frightened Ella.

“W-What d-do you mean?” Ella stuttered, the temperature in the room seemed to continue to drop and Ella’s teeth wouldn’t stop chattering.

“This is the place where me and my family were changed Ella.” Johnathan said as he crouched right in-front of Ella.

“This is where you were changed into vampires?” Ella stated rather than asked.

Johnathan nodded. “Always the smart one.”

“You do know Edward is going to find me right?” Ella suddenly said- she didn’t know why but she felt the need to remind him that Edward was going to find her.

Johnathan laughed and shook his head, his fingers started tracing Ella’s features making Ella stiffen but she didn’t push his hand away.

“Edward is a little … busy right now. It will take probably a day or two before you cross his mind again.” Johnathan said with a small smile that made Ella frown. “For the time being, I need a little portion of your blood.” Johnathan said and he seemed oddly apologetic because of that. “I wanted to wait till you are completely healed but what can I do?! Your stupid mate A.K.A decided he wanted to take a swing at me and now I am all covered in bruises and cuts.”

“Why aren’t you healing?” Ella asked hesitantly.

“You see that is the tricking thing. I can’t selfheal anymore; I need your blood for that.” Johnathan said before he sat down crossed legs in-front of Ella. He crossed his arms like he had done that day in the secret place he showed her and took off his shirt. Ella instantly gasped in horror at the sight in-front of her and she was quick to turn her face away not being able to look at Johnathan’s chest any longer. Johnathan’s chest was covered in ugly looking scars. Worse than the ones that were before. It looked like the skin of his chest was being burned and the flesh under it was starting to show.