Chapter 20- Where The Story Begins

It is not because angels are holier than men or devils that make them angels, but because they do not expect holiness from one another, but from God alone. ~William Blake

Chapter 16- Where the story begins.

Lucerna!” Diana said and a chandelier at the middle of the ceiling lit up immediately casting a bright golden glow in the room. Ella could see the room clearly now. The room was grand and looked like it was an old thrown room. Ceiling was high up as the walls were more than thirty feet tall and they were covered with portraits-some looked old while others looked freshly painted. The walls were painted a red colour, the columns were golden. Red with golden streaks curtains covered the floor to ceiling windows. The ceiling was circular and painted gold, shapes and quotes were carved into the ceiling but they were so high up for Ella to see. Three crystal chandeliers dangled from the ceiling casting a golden glow in the room. The floor was made of white marble. A long narrow red carpet covered the floor from the door of the room to the wall opposite to it. A throne was against the wall opposite to the door. The throne chair was made of pure gold, roses and veins were engraved into the chair.

 Behind the throne there was a floor to ceiling curtain on it was another picture of angel Alexiah Angelo. This time the angel had black wings and was wearing a black dress that reached her toes. The dress was sleeveless and she wore black gloved that reached her elbows. The angel’s hair this time was a platinum blond colour and it passed her hip bones and it looked like it was swaying in the air due to a breeze of air. One of the angel’s gloved hands was lifted in the air palm up. A pigeon was flying just above her hand and it looked like the angel was reaching for it. Behind the angel the sky was filed with grey clouds and the yellow grass around her looked like it was also swaying in the breeze. As Ella stared at the goddess in-front of her she couldn’t ignore the resemblances between the angel and her aunt Ellie. They looked so much alike. Both of them had soft faces, long hair and blue eyes.

  "Follow me." Diana said suddenly as she walked towards the first portrait that was on the wall to the left of the grand wooden door. Diana turned to look at Ella with a serious gaze as she spoke. "You are here to learn the truth about everything, right?"

"Yes, I am." replied Ella steadily as she looked at her aunt.

"Good, then I am going to ask you to stay quiet till the end and when I finish talking I am going to give you the chance to ask any questions you have. Understood?" Diana asked in a tone that meant business.

"Crystal." said Ella as she turned to examine the portrait in-front of her.

"What most people think is that the vampirism curse started at the end of the fifteenth century and I am honored to be the one to tell you that those people are wrong. The very first vampire to ever be created was created back BC in Egypt, the ancient Egyptians were and always will be the best witches ever. Their powers and magic were beyond any mind. However -sadly- they were all beheaded when the Greeks took over Egypt. Anyway, like I said their powers were extraordinary- they could embalm a whole body in a matter of minutes." Diana said as an introduction then she turned her gaze from the side of Ella's face to the portrait that Ella was staring at with a frown.

The portrait of a Pharaoh sitting on his throne and there were a group of people kneeling in respect in-front of him. You could notice from the hard set of the Pharaoh's face that he was no doubt a ruthless ruler. The portrait was ancient and was ripped at some parts.

"The pharaoh who ruled at that time was selfish and heartless. He wanted to be rich and wanted to take over the world. He ordered the witched to create something strong and powerful to help him win the wars he got into. The witches knew it was wrong but they had to do what the Pharaoh ordered them to do or they would be called traitors and had to be be-headed. So, fearfully the witches started experimenting on the criminals who were sentenced to death and some of the royal guards. After a year of failed experiments the witches realized that they couldn't use natural magic for such spell and that they had to use dark magic. The consequences of dark magic are known everywhere, the horrible things that come out of them. But they knew that they had to no choice so finally with a dark spell- that caused the death of two hundred person- the most supernatural creature were born. They were as fast as a cheetah; they had the strength of a tiger. The magic of an Egyptian witch and the beautiful faces of angels." Diana said they had moved towards the second portrait.