Chapter 12- captivated

39 December 1498

It was a cold winter night; the Williams family was crowded around the fire place to get warm. It was so cold and the snow was covering the roofs and windows of their small house. Their house was small only one room, a tiny sitting area that barely fit them, a kitchen and a bathroom. The house was made of wood and it looked like it would collapse any second, the wall paper of the house was falling.

They were sitting close to each other their arm extended towards the only source of warmness and heat. Suddenly the house door broke down and ten armed guards with ropes and swords ran into the house. For a second everything froze the family stared in horror at the men that broke into their small house. But then Edward and Jonathan jumped in front of their parents and young sister protectively. They weren’t fighters and they knew they wouldn't stand a chance against those strong trained guards. But they refused to go down without a fight. They knew why those guards were there in their small old house and they refused to let their family face the same fate as the other families. The guards lunged towards the two teenage boys knocking them out of the way. They were so strong that Edward and Johnathan fell to the floor with a loud thud and left them hissing in pain.

Two guards went to each of the five members of the family. Chole the youngest member of the family only eleven years old was screaming and crying along with her mother. Mr. John William tried to fight the guards that had a death grip on him but couldn’t. They quickly tied the ropes around his wrists behind his back and tied a cloth around his mouth. In ten minutes time the five members of the family had their wrists tied harshly behind their backs and a thick cloth around their mouths to prevent them from screaming.

With unbelievable force a guard got hold on Edward's right arm and made him stand up. Edward tried to fight against his capture's hold but couldn't the man was impossibly strong, no man should be that strong. Johnathan knew right away that this force wasn't the man's natural strength; it was magic it had to be magic. Edward turned his head to look at his brother and they shared and understanding eye contact which was soon broken when the guards started pushing them towards the broken door, their sister and parents being pushed in front of them. The two boys felt helpless and powerless as they couldn’t help their family. A carriage with two brown horses in front of it to pull it was waiting in front of the small house with the driver seated on the front seat.

The family was thrown carelessly into the wooden carriage. The carriage was small and had a low roof; it had one small window that was covered with cell bars. When the five humans were in the small space the carriage doors closed with a loud groan of the wood and the sound of a heavy lock being closed was heard. The small place became dark and it was hard to breathe. Edward could hear the sound of his mother and sister sobbing and it broke his fragile heart he has always been the caring and passionate. By the time they reached their destination it was dawn outside the carriage stopped and heavy footsteps were heard from outside soon the carriage doors were opened and bright light entered the carriage making the captivates eyes sting from the sudden brightness.

The five humans were brought out of the carriage and out into the deserted place outside. The place looked deserted and left out no buildings or any other sort of civilization was in sight. There were only trees scattered around but other than that there was only bare sandy ground and baby blue sky. The humans were pushed forward and away from the carriage and towards a small wooden door on the ground that looked like it could lead into a basement the door opened on its own and the guards pushed Edward inside then Johnathan then Chole and his parents. Edward reached the last step of the stairs the place was dark and cold and had a funny smell to it. The place smelled of chemicals and blood. With the flick of one of the guard’s wrists the place lit up with fire-torches. A gasp escaped Johnathan’s lips as he looked around him. The place looked like it didn’t have an end there were many doors on either side of the hall they were standing in indicating they lead into different rooms. Six guards pushed the two boys and Chole away from their fathers. The boys tried to break free from the guards’ hold to reach back to their parents but they couldn’t, they hissed in pain as the guards tightened their grips on the boys’ arms and lead them down the hall and to a room three doors down from where they previously standing. One of the guards holding Johnathan pushed open the door of the room and then pushed Johnathan in the room.

The room was huge and had many prison looking cells in it, it was lit by a few torches hanging on the walls. One of the guards holding Edward fished a set of keys from his pockets and opened on of the cells he cut off the ropes restraining Edward and the cloth on his mouth with a pocket knife before he pushed Edward in the cell then did the same to the other two humans before locking the door behind them. The humans fell to the floor with a loud thud. The guards then left the door and slammed the door opened behind them. The humans weakly lifted the selves from the floor. Chole ran to Edward and hugged him tightly her body was shaking and her body was slightly cold. Edward wrapped his arms around his sister tightly and if he could he wouldn’t have let go.