Chapter Sixty-Eight...

Engaged..

I have been scared of this day for the past 2 and a half months. I've planned this to the core and it's finally here and it's the day Demi gets discharged from therapy, I didn't plan for this day but it makes it better that I am doing it this day. I've told Demi I won't be able to make it to the discharge as I'm writing with some writers, she was pretty pissed but i had to deal with it. Demi's parents are in and have set most of the things up for me. How will we tell the world were engaged? It's stressful "Sophia, I'm going, I'll call you after" Demi says, I look at her "Can I at least have a kiss?" I ask, she shakes her head and leaves, I chuckle to myself and as soon as she's left the drive I quickly call Marissa "Marissa?" I say "It's all set up, Demi said she would be an hour maximum and it's 5pm now" She states, I nod as we're on FaceTime "I'm so nervous" I say, she smiles "She's gonna say yes" She states. I nod and take deep breaths.

It's 5:45pm, Demi's session finishes in 15 minutes. I drive to the destination to pick her up as Max took her there. I'm sat on my phone and Dianna wished me luck. I thank her and Demi gets in the car "Hi baby" I say, she smiles and puts her seatbelt on "I am sorry you know" I say, she nods and opens her phone, I smile and face the road as I begin driving to the set up. I start tapping along to the radio and Demi looks up "This isn't the way home" She mumbles "I know" I say, she frowns "Where are we going?" She asks locking her phone "It's a surprise" I state, she groans and puts her head on the window. We arrive and I pull over "Can you put this on?" I ask handing her a blindfold, she again groans and puts it on. After locking the car I take her hand and guide her to the surprise "I figured the first restaurant we ever went to has now closed so I'd bring it to you, I cooked myself as it's Spanish and I got help to set this up" I state pulling the blindfold off and she's met with a rooftop of roses and petals, lights and our own table in the corner. I walk her up and pull the ring out "I knew from that moment in the restaurant that I was in love with you, I knew from that moment anything I felt for Paris was nothing compared to you and I hated it because you made me fall in love again. You gave me this whole new identity and I hated it, I was content but you pushed me further and I'm so glad you did. I've given you promise rings and I promised my love to you. Demi, it took me so long to admit I was in love with you. I'm so content with you now, I'm so happy with you now and I wish for it to never end..." I say, she smiles and rests her hand on my face "Baby if this is because of the discharge meeting it's-" She starts but I shake my head... I pull the ring out and get on one knee, her eyes widen and her mouth opens "I promised I'd marry you, I swore I would... I got given this ring in hope I'd give it to someone who loves me the way I love them, and visa versa, My grandpa would be so happy to meet you. So, Demetria Devonne Lovato, I ask of you for your hand in marriage, to love me the way i love you, to deal with my mood swings and my cuddling in hot weather... Will you marry me?" I ask, tears fill her eyes and she looks at me... "No" She says, my jaw drops..

"I'm kidding of course, yes, yes 1000%" She says letting the tears fall, my heart starts beating again, as I let out a breath I've been holding for a while before sliding the ring on her finger. She pulls me up and holds my face as she kisses my lips so passionately "I love you so much" She says pecking my lips multiple times "You asked me to fucking marry you, wow" She says pulling away "God, I'm engaged" She smiles looking at me "We're engaged" She states, I lean in to kiss her lips and it's a small make out before we sit down to eat "Is this why you couldn't come to the meeting?" She asks smiling, I nod and blush a little "I wanted to come so bad" I state "Now it's okay, like 100% fine" She says, her smile hasn't left her face since I asked her

"How did you pull it off?" She asks as we pull into our house "I had a lot of help by your parents, my parents and Marissa" I say, she looks back at me as she walks into the house "My parents?" She asks, I nod, she smiles and drags me upstairs... She kisses my lips and pushes me on the bed, I start smiling and she straddles me kissing my lips and I keep my hands on her hips, she kisses my neck and I throw my head back "We don't have too" I say in a moaning tone "I'm so happy" She says as she continues to kiss my neck, I feel her teeth bite down on my neck "Baby" I moan gripping her hips... She pulls away and rolls next to me "I can't believe this time two months ago I was in hospital and now I'm engaged to the love of my life" Demi says "Are you genuinely this happy" I ask, she looks at me and nods "I promise you, I am so so happy" I hear her say, I smile and she rolls on top her stomach and Batman jumps on the bed, I see Jax and Ella in their bed. I smile and Demi takes a picture of her hand "Should I post it?" I ask, I nod "Yes baby, if you want" I smile laying my head on her shoulder...

Demi posted the picture a few hours ago, it's now 1am I think and I'm just checking it now; we shared a very passionate moment together and it was amazing, there was no toys just us and it was beautiful, she's asleep now and I am laying with my head on her chest and I'm scrolling through Instagram until I search Demi's name and look at the post.

Liked by laurenjauregui, normani, kehlani and 4,746,721 others.

ddlovato i said yes and im now engaged to the love of my life, i can't wait for our future. i adore you sophia parker 💗

View all 5,911 comments.

normani so happy for you 😭
laurenjauregui GUYS WHAT
kehlani beyond happy for you both, i love you 💓
arianagrande mac would've been so proud of you ! I'm so happy for you both!!
dophiaupdates we're so happy for you Demi & Sophia. We know James would be proud and happy for you. We love you 💗
demixsophia ENGAGED IM SO 😭💓💘
sophiajrparker happy to call you mine. I love you, D 💜.
sophiajrparker @dophiaupdates i love you guys so much 💖

I lock my phone and smile to myself at how bliss my life is. I roll over and I feel Demi's body press against my back and she entwines our fingers "I love you" She says kissing my shoulder... "i love you more Demi" I smile and kiss her hand. I'm going to marry my best friend.

Hey Guys!

Sooooo, they are engaged!

Did you guys like how they got engaged? Let me know below!

Also, comment some ideas you want between the engagement and the wedding, I have ideas for the wedding.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT and ideas/suggestions.

All my love, M x